The Huawei MediaPad M5 8 is one of the newest tablets from Huawei and if you’re in the market for a tablet, it features all the latest specs that you would expect. Of course, the main difference here is that it’s not running Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipset, and instead, it’s making use of a Kirin 960s processor. Many might find this off-putting and the main reason for that is because you might think that this tablet doesn’t use Quick Charge and just Huawei’s proprietary fast charging tech. Thankfully, that is not the case, and you can use a Qualcomm Quick Charge charging electronic to fast charge the Huawei MediaPad M5 8.
With all that said, to have the best charging experience with this tablet, we’ve chosen the fast chargers that you should be using with it. The charging electronics in this guide range from wall chargers, portable chargers, and car chargers, so you’re able to have the fast charging tech no matter where you go.
Chargers in this Guide:
The first wall charger that we recommend comes from one of the best brands on the market when it comes to charging electronics in general, and that would be, Anker. In this case, this is their PowerPort Speed 2 wall charger. The charger features two Quick Charge ports, and with its 39W max output, you’re able to fast charge two Quick Charge compatible devices at the same time.
That’s right, this charger features two Quick Charge ports, and so if you have a Quick Charge compatible smartphone, then getting this wall charger is perfect. As you can have the MediaPad M5 fast charging and your smartphone, too. Either of the ports can also charge Non-Quick Charge compatible smartphones at their max charging speed.
Pros for Anker PowerPort Speed 2 Wall Charger
- Both of the ports use Quick Charge
- The max output of the wall charger is 39W, so you’re able to use the max power of the two ports at their max power
- Features a light sensor that dims and brightens the LED power light
- Small form factor
Cons for Anker PowerPort Speed 2 Wall Charger
- The charger does not come with any cables
- Does not have a foldable plug
Specs of the PowerPort Speed 2 Quick Charge USB Wall Charger:
Each Port: 3.6V-6.5V/3A | 6.5V-9V/2A, | 9V-12V/1.5A
Max Output: 39W
- Input: 100-240V AC
- LED Power Indicator: Single Blue LED Light with Light Sensor
- Size: 4.5 x 4.3 x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 6.4 Ounces
Anker PowerPort Speed 4 Quick Charge Wall Charger
One other wall charger from Anker that we thought we’d recommend is their PowerPort Speed 4 wall charger. This is a four-port wall charger, with one of the ports making use of Quick Charge, and the other three USB-A ports have a 5V/2.4A charging speed. Being able to charge four devices at once can be quite helpful as you can fast charge your Quick Charge tablet or smartphone. One of the other best parts of this charger other than its use of Quick Charge is that it makes use of a retractable AC adapter which makes it easier to take the wall charger anywhere that you want.
Pros for Anker PowerPort Speed 4 Wall Charger
- Has four ports to charge four devices at the same time
- Features a Quick Charge port for fast charging
- The charger has a foldable plug for easier portability
Cons for Anker PowerPort Speed 4 Wall Charger
- Does not come with any cables
Specs of the Anker PowerPort Speed 4 USB Wall Charger with Quick Charge 3.0:
Quick Charge Port: 3.6 – 6.5V/3.0A | 6.5 – 9V/2.0A | 9-12V/1.5A
USB Port: 5V/2.4A
Max Output: 43.5W or 8.7A
- LED Power Indicator: Flat Blue Power Indicator
- Size: 2.7 x 2.7 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 5 Ounces
Moving onto desktop chargers, which are just like wall chargers, but they use more ports and have a power cord, instead of a built-in AC adapter. The first desktop charger that we have to recommend is RAVPower’s 6-port desktop charging station. So this charger does make use of six ports, meaning you can charge six devices at once. There are five standard USB-A ports that each have a 5V/2.4A charging speed, and then there’s one Quick Charge port. The max output of this charger is 60W, so there’s lots of power to use while you’re charging your Huawei MediaPad at its max charging speed.
- Has six ports to charge six devices at the same time
- The charger features a Quick Charge port for fast charging
- Max output of 60W
- Uses a power cord for better placement of the charger
- Does not come with any cables
Specs of the RAVPower 6-Port Desktop Wall Charger with Quick Charge:
USB-A Ports: 5V/2.4A
Quick Charge Port: 5V/2.4 | 9V/2.0A | 12V/2.0A
Max Output: 60W
- Input: 120-240V
- LED Power Indicator: Single Green Power Indicator
- Size: 3.5 x 2.2 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 7.4 Ounces
The final desktop charger that we have to recommend is Aukey’s 6-port desktop charging station. What makes this different than the previous RAVPower charger is that it features two Quick Charge ports, and so this is combining the Anker wall charger that we first mentioned into a charging station. As you can charge two Quick Charge compatible devices at their max charging speed. The four other ports on this charging station each have a 5V/2.4A charging speed and the max output of this charger is 60W.
One of the best-charging stations that you can own if you have multiple Quick Charge compatible devices.
- Features two Quick Charge ports, to fast charge two Quick Charge compatible smartphones at the same time
- Has four other standard ports that can output 12W
- The charger does not come with any cables
Specs of the Aukey 6-Port USB Charging Station with Quick Charge 3.0
- # of USB Port: 6
Standard Port Speed: 5V/2.4A
Quick Charge Speed: 5V-6V/3A, 6V-9V/2A, 9V-12V/1.5A
- Input: 100-240V
- LED Power Indicators: Single Green LED Light
- Size: 4.0 x 2.8 x 1 inches
- Weight: 7.3 Ounces
When it comes to choosing a power bank for a tablet, you have to go with one that has a high power capacity, as a tablet, in general, has very large batteries. For example, in this case, the Huawei MediaPad M5 8 has a 5,100mAh battery. So having a 20,000mAh+ power capacity portable charger is going to be the best option that you can choose from.
The first power bank that we have to recommend is this RAVPower portable charger that has a 20,100mAh power capacity. The charger has enough power to charge the MediaPad M5 to its full power about 3 times, that is, if you’re solely using the tablet to charge from this power bank. We say that because it’s possible to charge multiple devices at once with this RAVPower portable charger, as there are three ports to use.
Two of the ports are USB-A ports with one using Quick Charge and the other one has a standard charging speed of 5V/2.4A. The third port on this power bank is a USB-C port that can be used with a USB-C to USB-C charging cable to charge USB-C compatible devices such as the MediaPad M5 and the USB-C port has a 5V/3.0A charging rate. With that said, it’s still better to use the Quick Charge port for faster charging.
To recharge this power bank there are two inputs to recharge it. You can either use the USB-C port that can also be used as an input. Or you can use the Micro-USB input that’s Quick Charge compatible and can be used with a Quick Charge wall charger to recharge the power bank at Quick Charge speeds.
Pros for RAVPower 20,100mAh USB-C Power Bank
- 20,100mAh power capacity that should be able to charge the Huawei MediaPad to full power about two times
- The power bank has a Quick Charge 3.0 and USB-C port for fast charging
- Can charge three devices at the same time
- Can be recharged from either the USB-C or Micro-USB input port
- Comes with two Micro-USB cables and a Micro-USB to USB-C adapter
Cons for RAVPower 20,100mAh USB-C Power Bank
- Does not come with a wall charger
Specs of the RAVPower 20,100mAh Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0:
- Capacity: 20,100mAh
iSmart Port: 5V/2.4A
Quick Charge port: 5V/2.4A | 6.5V-9V/1.5A | 9V-12V/1.2A
5V/2.0A Via Micro-USB Input
5V/3.0A Via USB-C Input
- LED Power Indicators: 4 LED Dotted Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 6.8 x 3.1 x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 13 Ounces
This EasyAcc power bank is another 20,000mAh portable charger, so it’ll provide about the small number of full charges for the tablet. The main reason to get this power banks is for the charging experience, though.
For the output charging, there are four ports that you can use. Three of the ports are USB-A ports with one being Quick Charge and the other two are standard ports that have a 5V/3.0A charging speed. The one other port on this power bank is a USB-C port that that has a 5V/3.0A charging rate.
The recharging for this power bank is great, and that’s because it makes use of two input ports that you can use at the same time. There’s a USB-C input that has a 5V/3.0A recharge rate and there’s also a Micro-USB input that has a 5V/2.0A recharge rate. By using them together, you’re able to recharge the power bank at a 5A recharge rate and get it to its full power within just four hours, which is quite fast for a 20,000mAh power bank.
Specs of the EasyAcc MegaCharge D20 20,000mAh Power Bank Doubin 5A Input:
- Capacity: 20,000mAh
Quick Charge Port: 18W and also standard 5V/3.0A charging rate for Non-Compatible Quick Charge devices
Standard USB-A Ports: 5V/3.0A
USB-C Port: 5V/3.0A
Max Output: 33W (6.6A)
Micro-USB Input: 5V/2.0A
USB-C Input: 5V/3.0A
Max Input: 5A
- LED Power Indicator: 4 White LED Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 5.9 x 2.9 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 13 Ounces
One other power bank for charging the Mediapad M5 8 is this Anker PowerCore+ 26800 charger. The charger has a very high power capacity of 26,800mAh, so you can charge the tablet to its full power about four times if that’s all you using to charge with this power bank. The power capacity can also be very useful for charging other devices such as smartphones, too.
The charger makes use of three ports. Two of the ports have a standard charging speed of 5V/2.4A, and the third port makes use of Quick Charge that can be used to fast charge Quick Charge compatible smartphones.
This PowerCore+ makes use of only a single Micro-USB input but the good thing is that it’s compatible with Quick Charge and this power bank comes with a 1-port Quick Charge wall charger that can be used to recharge the power bank at its max recharge rate. You can also use the wall charger to charge the tablet.
- Very high 26,800mAh power capacity that can charge most tablets to full power about three times, without having to recharge the power bank
- The power bank has three ports, with one using Quick Charge for fast charging
- Comes with a Quick Charge wall charger and a Micro-USB cable
- The power bank can be recharged at Quick Charge speeds via its Micro-USB input port
- Made of Aluminum
- A bit heavier than most other common plastic power banks
Specs of the Anker PowerCore+ 26,800mAh Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0:
- Power Capacity: 26,800mAh
Each Standard Port: 5V/3.0A
Quick Charge Port: 5-7V/2.1A | 7-9V/1.6A | 9-12V/1.25A
- Input: 5-7V/2.1A | 7-9V/1.6A | 9-12V/1.25A
- LED Power Indicator: Ten LED Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 7 x 3.1 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 1.2 Pound
One other type of charging electronic that can prove useful to use with nearly any portable device is a car charger, as you’re not using the device and so it’s able to charge at its max charging speed the whole time it’s charging.
The car charger that we’re recommending, in this case, has everything that you need and that would be this RAVPower 4-port Quick Charge car charger. Yes, you can charge four devices at once with this car charger, and it can be very useful if you’re on a road trip with a bunch of passengers. One of the ports on this charger is a Quick Charge one, so you can fast charge your compatible device. The other three ports that have a 5V/2.4A standard charging speed.
- The car charger has four ports, so you’re able to charge four devices at the same time
- Uses a Quick Charge port for fast charging
- Max output is 54W, so you’re able to use all the ports at their max power, at the same time
- Comes with a Micro-USB cable
Specs of the RAVPower 4-Port Car Charger with Quick Charge:
Standard USB-A Ports: 5V/2.4A
Quick Charge Port: 5V/3A | 9V/2A | 12V/2A
Max Output: 54W
- Input: 12-24V
- LED Power Indicator: Four White Power Indicators
- Size: 2.8 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches
- Weight: 1.9 Ounces