Many of the daily devices that we use each day are portable. Sure, many people use desktop computers, however, there are even more that use laptops now.
It’s the convenience factor that comes with portability that makes them more likely for a purchase. Also, if you’re worried that you’re going to run out of power while you’re out and about, that’s where portable charging can help.
One of the newest and growing portable technologies on the market are VR headsets. The one that we’re going to be talking about right here is the Oculus Go.
The Oculus Go is one of the most popular VR headsets on the market as it comes from one of the pioneering brands of virtual reality. It’s completely wireless, but the only real wiring that you’ll be using with it is to charge it.
In this guide, we’ll be covering the power banks that you should be used for the Oculus Go.
Power Banks in this Guide:
|Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger, 10000mAh Power Bank, Ultra-Compact Battery Pack, High-Speed...||$25.99||Buy on Amazon|
RAVPower 32,000mAh Power Bank
The Oculus Go doesn’t have too large of a battery, with it using a 2,600mAh battery capacity. However, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t use much power, it’s quite the opposite.
The headset can burn through its battery quite quickly and therefore a power bank can be the perfect type of charger to use with it.
The first power bank that we want to recommend is this very high capacity 32,000mAh RAVPower portable charger. Yes, this charger has a ton of power that you’re able to use to charge the VR headset to its full power about tens times.
That is if you’re only charging the headset.
This power bank is also highly useful for charging other devices at the same time, and that’s because it uses three ports. Each of the ports can charge at 5V/2.4A. The max output of the power bank is 6A.
So you can still charge three devices at once, and still, have your Oculus Go charging properly.
Pros for RAVPower 32,000mAh 3-Port Power Bank
- Has a massive 32,000mAh power capacity that can charge the Oculus Go multiple times
- Has three ports to charge three devices at the same time, and has a 6A max output
- Comes with two Micro-USB cables
Cons for RAVPower 32,000mAh 3-Port Power Bank
- Does not come with a wall charger
Read Review for RAVPower Ace Series 32,000mAh Portable Charger
Specs of the RAVPower Ace Series 32,000mAh Portable Charger:
- Capacity: 32,000mAh
Speed Per a Port: 5V/2.4A
Max Output: 6A
- Input: 5V/2.4A Via Micro-USB Input
- LED Power Indicators: 4 LED Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 7.7 x 4 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 1.3 Pounds
Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger
This Anker power bank is quite the opposite in comparison to the first power bank that we mentioned. As this PowerCore 10000 has a 10,000mAh power capacity.
This power bank is really useful if you want enough power to charge your Oculus Go multiple times and still have great portability with the charger. As 10,000mAh of power capacity is enough to charge the headset to its full power about 2.5 times.
Also, the PowerCore 10000 only makes use of a single port, so you can only charge a single device at a time. But it’s the minimalistic approach of this charger that can make it better than a high capacity power bank.
You can fit this power bank into your pocket as it has a length of 3 inches and a thickness of 0.9 inches.
Pros for Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger
- A very small form factor that fits into a pocket easily
- Comes with a Micro-USB cable
- Has a single USB-A port that can output a 5V/2.4A charging speed
Cons for Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger
- Can only charge a single device at a time
Read Review for Anker PowerCore 10,000 Portable Charger
Specs of the Anker PowerCore 10,000 Portable Charger:
- Capacity: 10,000mAh
- Output: Max Output: 5V/2.4A
- Input: 5V/2.0A Via Micro-USB Input
- LED Power Indicators: 4 LED Dotted Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 3.6 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 6.4 Ounces
Aukey 10,000mAh Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0 & Power Delivery
Another mid-range power bank is this one from Aukey, and what makes this charger different than the Anker power bank is the charging ports.
There are in fact three charging ports that you can use with this power bank. Two of the ports are USB-A, with one using Quick Charge and the other is a standard port. The one other port from this power bank is a USB-C Power Delivery port with an 18W charging speed.
So there are two fast charging technologies on this power bank, that can be used to fast charge either Quick Charge or Power Delivery compatible phones.
You can also recharge this power bank at Power Delivery speed with the USB-C port.
The power bank has a small form factor too, that’s even slimmer than the previous Anker power bank that we mentioned. As this Aukey power bank has a 0.5-inch thickness.
It’s one of the best power banks to get if you want to charge your Oculus Go and also for fast charging your smartphone, too.
Pros for Aukey 10,000mAh 18W USB-C PD Power Bank
- Features a Quick Charge 3.0 port and an 18W USB-C Power Delivery port for fast charging
- Can be recharged at Power Delivery speeds
- Can charge three devices at the same time
- Has a slim form factor
- Comes with a USB-A to USB-C cable
Cons for Aukey 10,000mAh 18W USB-C PD Power Bank
- Does not come with a wall charger
Read Review for Aukey 10,000mAh Power Bank with 18W USB-C Power Delivery
Specs of the Aukey 10,000mAh Power Bank with 18W USB-C Power Delivery:
- Power Capacity: 10,000mAh
Standard USB-A Port: 5V/2.4A
Quick Charge Port: 5V–6V/3A | 6V–9V/2A | 9V–12V/1.5A
USB-C Port: 5V/3.0A
USB-C Input: 5V/1.5A | 9V/2A
Micro-USB Input: 5V/2.0A
- LED Power Indicator: Four LED Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 5.8 x 2.9 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 9.3 Ounces
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Quick Charge 3.0 Power Bank
This is a much higher capacity power bank from Anker, which is their PowerCore+ 26800 charger.
By the name you probably already know that this power bank has a 26,800mAh power capacity, so there’s tons of power to charge the Oculus Go to full power.
You can also use this power bank to charge your devices, whether it’s a tablet or smartphone to full power, as well.
There are three ports to use on this charger. Two of them are standard ports that each have a 5V/2.4A charging speed. The one other port makes use of Quick Charge 3.0.
It has it all, as you can fast charge a Quick Charge Android smartphone, charge your Oculus Go, and have enough power to charge both devices to full power at the same time.
This PowerCore+ even comes with a Quick Charge wall charger and a Micro-USB cable that you can use to recharge the power bank at its max charging speed.
Pros for Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Quick Charge 3.0 Power Bank
- Has a massive 26,800mAh power capacity that can last for a few days or a week
- Features three ports, with one port using Quick Charge 3.0
- Comes with a Quick Charge 3.0 wall charger and a Micro-USB cable
- Has a great build with it being made of Aluminum
Cons for Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Quick Charge 3.0 Power Bank
- Heavier than most plastic power banks
Read Review for Anker PowerCore+ 26,800mAh Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0
Specs of the Anker PowerCore+ 26,800mAh Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0:
- Power Capacity: 26,800mAh
Each Standard Port: 5V/3.0A
Quick Charge Port: 5-7V/2.1A | 7-9V/1.6A | 9-12V/1.25A
- Input: 5-7V/2.1A | 7-9V/1.6A | 9-12V/1.25A
- LED Power Indicator: Ten LED Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 7 x 3.1 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 1.2 Pound
RAVPower 6,700mAh AC Adapter Power Bank
One other type of power bank we want to recommend is a low capacity one, or at least, low capacity by today’s standards.
Which would be this RAVPower 6,700mAh power bank. It’s not just any mini power bank though, the charger makes use of two ports.
It also makes use of a built-in AC adapter that allows you to plug the power bank into the wall and recharge it directly. At the same time, you can then use it as a USB wall charger.
Or you can recharge it using the Micro-USB input port.
The power capacity is enough to charge the Oculus Go to its full power about 1.5 times.
Pros for RAVPower 6,700mAh AC Power Bank
- Very compact size
- Has foldable plug that can be plugged into an AC outlet for recharging and used as a wall charger
- Can also be recharged via its Micro-USB input port
- Has two USB-A ports that can output a 5V/2.4A charging speed, and the power bank has a 5V/3.0A max output
Cons for RAVPower 6,700mAh AC Power Bank
- Has a low 6,700mAh power capacity
Read Review for RAVPower 6,700mAh with Built-in AC Adapter
Specs of the RAVPower 6,700mAh with Built-in AC Adapter:
- Power Capacity:
Initial Capacity: 6,700mAh
Output Capacity: 5,000mAh
Each USB Port: 5V/2.4A
Max Output: 3.0A
- Input: 5V/2.0A
- LED Power Indicator: Four Power Indicators
- Size: 3.3 x 3 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 3.9 Ounces
PowerCore Slim 5000
However, if you want a more simple small power bank, then Anker has their PowerCore Slim 5000 charger. It, of course, has a 5,000mAh power capacity.
But there’s a lot less going on with this charger as it has a single USB-A port and a Micro-USB input for recharging.
The form factor of this power bank is also great as it’s very slim and small. It has a length of 4.9 inches, a width of 2.5 inches and a thickness of 0.4 inches It can easily fit into a pocket and you can use it to charge your Oculus Go whenever you want.
Read Review for Anker PowerCore 5000 Slim Charger
Specs of the Anker PowerCore 5000 Slim:
- Capacity: Advertised: 5,000mAh Output Capacity: 4,000mAh
- Output: 5V/2.0A
- Input: 5V/2.0A via Micro USB Input
- LED Power Indicators: 3 LED Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 5 x 2.5 x 0.4 inches
- Weight: 4.2 Ounces