Baseus 45W USB-C Power Delivery Wall Charger
- The 45W USB-C Power Delivery port also features Quick Charge
- The standard port has a 5V/2.4A charging speed, which is fast in standard terms of charging
- It uses a retractable AC adapter to make portability easier with the charger
- There's no LED light to show that the charger is on
When it comes to the future of charging, there’s a rising standard and that would be USB-C. If you already didn’t notice, nearly all new Andriod smartphones no longer use Micro-USB. Instead, most of them are now using USB-C. As USB-C has a lot of potential when it comes portable devices for a while, and that would be because of the use of Power Delivery (PD). PD is basically fast charging that is used with USB-C and because of its faster charging potential, more types of devices are able to use the USB-C standard rather than it being just for Android smartphones.
What we’re talking about is that tablets and laptops are also able to use USB-C, and along with that, Power Delivery. This is basically going to make an ecosystem of USB-C devices that are able to use the same charger.
Right here, we’re reviewing his Baseus 45W USB-C Power Delivery wall charger. When it comes to power Delivery charging, most chargers on the market use 30W of charging power. Instead, this charger has a 45W output, so let’s see if the higher output is what you should be going for.
45W USB-C Power Delivery Port
The main reason that you’re getting this charger is of course because of the Power Delivery charging. It has a 45W charging output and in a few ways, can actually be more useful than 30W Power Delivery charging. That is if you actually need the power. When it comes to charging USB-C Power Delivery compatible tablets and laptops, it’s very important to know the powering requirements for the device.
That’s because, for some Power Delivery compatible laptops, they require more than 30W of charging power. For example, there’s the Razer Stealth gaming laptop that actually requires 45W, and also the Dell XPS 13 that also requires 45W of charging power from a USB-C Power Delivery charger.
There’s also a Dell XPS 15 laptop requires that you use a 60W Power Delivery charger with it, otherwise it won’t charge at all.
So in those types of cases, a higher 45W charger charging speed can actually be very useful and charge wider-range of PD products.
The Power Delivery charging output broken down into Voltage and Amperage is:
5V-3A / DC 9V-3A / 12-3A / 15V-3A / 20V-2.25A
Another thing that this Power Delivery port is capable of is that if also features Quick Charge. Yes, it might sound strange, but if your Andriod smartphone is Quick Charge compatible, but not Power Delivery compatible, then this USB-C port is still able to change it at its max charging speed.
The one other port on this wall charger is a USB-A port. It has a 5V/2.4A charging speed. Good for standard charging.
Size and Weight:
The size of this charger is very small. With it having a length of 2.9 inches, a width of 2 inches and a thickness of the charger is 1.1 inches. The weight of the charger is 2.1 Ounces.
When it comes to using this wall charger, it’s as straightforward as any other wall charger on the market. That’s because the charger uses an AC adapter that goes directly right into an AC outlet, and then you’re ready to use the charger.
The one thing that is missing is that the charger does not use a power light to indicate that the charger is ready to use.
Structure and Material:
It’s a well-built charger, with the center of the charger being separated into there pieces. So it has a two sides caps and a center part. The retractable AC adapter on his charger is quite durable, no matter how many times you take it out and retract it.
On the tech side, this charger can get a little warm when you’re using the max power of the Power Delivery port but it cools down once the device that you’re charging is close to its full power or full charged.
If your USB-C Power Delivery compatible devices require 45W of charging power, then this Baseus PD charger is a great option. As it offers an ample amount of Voltage and Amperage levels that it can power larger devices that require it.
Charging power from this Power Delivery wall charger is higher than the average 30W, and this is very important for those that own certain laptops that need the 45W charging power.
It’s a very small wall charger that you can basically take anywhere that you want to, and the use of a retractable AC adapter makes the charger even more easy to take everywhere.
The build quality of this charger is pretty good structurally, and the charger does tend to get warm if you’re using the max power of the Power Delivery charging. It does cool down once your device is fully charged.
This is a very reliable Power Delivery wall charger with its use of a 45W output that can be used to charge larger and more powerful devices that use the USB-C standard for charging.
Specs of the Baseus 45W USB-C Power Delivery Wall Charger:
USB-C Power Delivery Port:
PD Speeds: 5V/3A | 9V/3A | 12V/3A | 15V/3A | 20V/2.25A
Quick Charge Speeds: 3.6V~6.5V/3A | 6.5V~9.5V/2A | 9.5V~12V/1.5A
USB-A Port: 5V/2.4A
- Input: 100V-240V/AC
- LED Power Indicator: None
- Size: 2.9 x 2 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 2.1 Ounces
If you’re in the market for a 45W Power Delivery will charger then this Baseus wall charger can do wonders, With its use PD charging, and also Quick Charge with its USB-C port. The USB-A port is also a nice touch if you want to have the ability to charge one other device at the same time.
45W PD USB C Charger Fast Charge, Baseus Power Delivery Wall Charger Adapter for iPhone X/8 Plus/8, Macbook, Nintendo Switch, Samsung S8, Note 8 and More
- PD Fast Charge: Power Delivery USB C port output 45W high power, fast charges from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes for iPhone X/8/8 plus via a PD supportive USB C cable. To enhance Power Delivery charging speed, need a Power Delivery Supportive USB Cable (you may search: B0769RSL5M for USB C to Lightning; B077XDM68V for USB C to C).
- Dual Ports: 45W PD USB-C Charger port and 12W USB-A port allows 2 devices charging simultaneously at high speed. (NOT compatible with iPad Pro)
- Advanced Safety: Built-in safety system detects your device to offer the maximum charging current meanwhile keeps your devices safe with temperature control, short circuit protection and more advanced safety features.
- Universal Compatibility: The standard USB port supports all USB devices, the USB-C PD charger port supports QC 2.0/3.0 devices and iPhone X/ iPhone 8/8 Plus, Macbook (2015~2017); Samsung S8 plus, S8, Note 8; Nexus 5X, 6P, Nintendo Switch and more.
- What You Get: Baseus 45W Power Delivery USB C Wall Charger, 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.