A Power inverter for your car can be highly useful if you want to have the ability to power an appliance while you’re on the move. Whether it’s used for commuting or taking those long road trips, having an appliance being powered, or charging laptops with a charging brick or using a Power Delivery wall charger to charge laptops can be a mind easing experience.
In this review, we’re going to be taking a look at this BESTEK power inverter. It’s a minimal inverter that has a small form factor, but at the same time, it does pack a considerable punch of power that has quite a bit of mileage.
There are two USB-A ports to use and a single 3-prong AC outlet.
Each of the two USB-A ports on this inverter has a 5V/2.4A charging speed. It’s a fast standard charging speed, but it’s neither of them use Quick Charge. The max output that they both share is 4.2A. Which means that you can’t use the two ports at full power at the same time, but it comes close.
The main reason that you’re getting this power inverter though, is because of its AC outlet. The outlet has a 150W power output that can be used to power appliances. This much power is enough for powering laptops chargers such as power brick ones, also Power Delivery wall chargers which is something that quite a few laptops use now.
Using an outlet for appliances such as a small fan, a mini fridge if it’s within the power range of this inverter and basically, any appliance that you have that requires less than 150W of power.
Size and Weight:
The inverter has a length of 4.2 inches, a width of 2.7 inches, and a 1.2 inches. The weight of the inverter is 8.2 ounces. So it’s not going to be taking up much space at all within your car, and the place to put it would be the center console area between the passengers and driver seats.
To use the inverter you have to connect the power cord to the back of the inverter and then connect the power cord into a 12Volt outlet. Once powered, there’s a LED light that turns on at the front.
When the inverter is Green, then it’s working normally. However, if it’s Red then that means it’s overheating. If there’s no light then that means it’s not powered.
The only problem that we ran into when using it though, was that the power cord was quite short, measuring in at 32 inches.
Structure and Material:
The inverter has Aluminum housing. The charging ports feel solid to use and the AC outlet holds on strong to the appliance that you plug into it. The AC outlet actually has shutters, so when you’re not using it the inside is completely covered.
The inverter may get warm if you’re using near its max output of 150W for a long duration of time, but in our test of using a laptop charger and charging a smartphone at the same time, there was no heating up of the inverter.
On the reliability side, the inverter can be relied for quite a lot of simple uses, ranging from charging a smartphone to charging a laptop and also for powering a small appliance.
It’s not the best for powering very powerful appliances that require more than 150W, because that will just result in overheating of the inverter. Having the ability to charge a laptop while you’re driving can be a reliable use for it though.
On the powering side, this BESTEK inverter has more than enough to power nearly all laptops chargers on the market. The charging ports are good, but they don’t feature a Quick Charge port.
The inverter itself is small and lightweight, which is good. The main flaw though is that it has a short power cord and that can make it difficult to place the inverter where you want.
This inverter has a solid build with its aluminum housing and the AC outlet has a shutter door to make sure that it’s safe when not in use.
The reliability of this inverter is quite good, so long as you’re using an appliance on that fits under the 150W range.
Specs of the BESTEK 150W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Converter:
AC Outlet: AC110-120V | 150W
USB Ports: 5V/2.4A | 4.2A Max Output
- Input: DC 11-15V
- LED Power Indicator: Single Power Indicator
- Size: 4.2 x 2.7 x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 8.2 Ounces
This BESTEK inverter is a must get if you want to have the ability to power a small appliance in your car, and also use it to charge your smartphone or tablet at the same time. Also, the great plus is that it’s priced super low.
BESTEK 150W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Converter 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter, Thinner Design with ETL Listed
1 used from $ 12.60
- BESTEK Advantage: America's #1 power inverter brand. Provides 150W continuous DC to AC power and 250W instantaneous power, featuring 1 AC outlet and 2 USB ports
- Patented Isolation Voltage Protection: This certified beast comes with low pressure and high pressure isolation and 25 amps fuse. Perfectly protect your precious devices against overheating, under and over voltage charging, short circuiting, overloads
- Fast Charging: Powerful 110V AC outlet for charging larger devices such as laptops and tablets. 2 USB ports (0-2.4A) for powering USB compatible devices, a good choice as requisite car accessories
- A Must Have for Road Trips: Ultra compact and lightweight, only 3.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches, 8 oz+. Space-saving and easy storage. 32 inch cord makes it easy for friends in the backseat to grab a charge for their devices
- 100% Satisfaction: 18-Months Warranty, ETL certification. Durable metal housing provides advanced protection from drops and bumps. Integrated silent cooling fan helps reduce heat and prevents shortages