CASESSARY Galaxy S8 4,500mAh Battery Case
- The charger has a faster output and input charging speed than what most other battery cases feature
- There are Six power indicators on the back of the case, instead of the usual four
- The case adds quite a bit of thickness and weight to your S8
Most battery cases on the market have a slow charging speed and it makes sense as to why that it is. The reason being is that battery cases are basically portable chargers that are in the form of the case for the smartphone that they’re created for and so they’re basically like mini power banks that over your smartphone. Having a fast charging technology such as Quick Charge being present with mini portable chargers is something that is not common at all.
However, for this Casessary Galaxy S8 battery case, that all changes. Even though the charging speed from this battery case isn’t Quick Charge speeds the charging rate is still faster than what you’re able to find with most S8 battery cases, to begin with. So let’s see if a faster charging rate is the only powerful part of this Casessary battery case.
The power capacity of this battery case is what you can expect from most other S8 battery cases and that would be that it starts out with a 4,500mAh power capacity. However, no matter how high the starting power capacity of a portable charger or a battery case is, that’s not the amount of capacity that you’re really going to be receiving. That’s because some power is lost during charging, so let’s check out how much you’re actually able to use.
3.7 x 4,500 = 16,650 / 5 = 3,330
So you might be thinking to yourself that this battery case is an absolute rip off because it doesn’t really have the amount of power capacity that it promises, but it really does, it’s just that the power capacity goes down during charging. A 3,300mAh power capacity for charging the S8 is actually a good amount of power and that’s because the Galaxy S8 has a 3,000mAh battery that can be used to charge it full power about one time.
Of course, if you’re using your S8 and charging it at the same time with this battery case, then you’ll just be charging up used power while you use the S8 as it’s a smartphone that consumes quite a bit of power. At the same time the fast charging rate is what this battery case is really all about, so let’s look more into that.
The charging rate for most modern battery access for current smartphones is a 5V/1.5A (7.5W) charging rate or just a tad bit higher. This CASESSARY battery case has quite a faster charging rate of 12.6W and even though this isn’t Quick Charge speeds, it’s still higher than a 5V/2.0A (10W) and closer to Quick Charge and you can, therefore, charge your S8 at a faster charging speed.
The recharging for this battery case is even faster than the output charging for your S8, and you can charge the battery case through a USB-C port, The recharging speed of the case is 5V/3.0A (15W) and that’s why we highly recommend using a Quick Charge wall charger to recharge this battery as fast as possible, as a 2.4A wall charger won’t be able to recharge it at max power.
Size and Weight:
If this is your first time looking into getting a battery case, then it’s important to know that it’s definitely going to add some weight and bulk to your S8. That’s because the case has a battery and some other electronics built-into it to actually be a battery case.
To the length of the charger is 6.2 inches, the width is 2.9 inches, and so those dimensions for a battery case are relatively normal. The thickness is the main difference and that’s because this battery case has a 0.7-inch thickness and you’re going to notice it the most when you place it inside your pocket. However, with a larger thickness, the S8 is easier to hold in your hand.
On the functional side, it’s basically like any other battery case. At the back of the case is where you’ll find the power button, and instead of having four power capacity indicators, this battery case makes use of 6 power indicators and they’re hexagonal shaped which is something that is very uncommon.
To start charging just hold the power button down and to stop charging you can also hold the power button down. At the bottom for the charger is where there’s a headphone jack and you can still use your headphones with your S8, as the case comes with a headphone jack extender.
The most notable part of using this case though is that you don’t have to take the case off to sync your S8 with a computer and you can even connect a Quick Charge wall charger or other Quick Charge charging electronic and fast charge your S8 through the battery case and that’s called priority charging.
Structure and Material:
On the build side, this battery case does provide some good protection but it’s not absolutely perfect. The entirety of the back of the phone is safe but at the front, the only raised bezel parts are at the top and bottom ends of the case. The side doesn’t really have much of a bezel at all and this isn’t just this case, this is actually true for most battery cases for the S8 because of the curved screen.
On the tech side, the battery case does get a little warm because of the fast charging speed, other than that, it doesn’t get hot.
This battery case has as much more power capacity as many other Galaxy S8 battery case but what’s even better is that it features a faster charging speed for the S8 and a faster recharging speed at15W for the battery case.
The power capacity is enough to charge an S8 to full power at least once, and charging speed for output and input is faster than most other battery cases.
The case is thick. You can actually fast charge your S8 without having to take the case off because it features priority charging.
The charger has great protection for the back but the lack of raised side bezels make the frontal protection questionable.
It’s a very reliable battery case on the powering side for the S8, but for absolute protection, it does alright.
Specs of the CASESSARY Galaxy S8 4,500mAh Battery Case:
- Power Capacity: 4,500mAh | Output Capacity: 3,300mAh
- Output: 9V/1.4A (12.6W)
USB-C Input:9V/1.67A (15W)
- LED Power Indicator: Six Power Indicators
- Size: 6.2 x 2.9 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 5.3 Ounces
The CASESSARY battery does offer more charging power than most other battery case and we value the fast charging innovation, but at the same time, we would make sure not to drop our smartphones face first.
Galaxy S8 Battery Case w. Quick Charge 3.0, CASESSARY Protective Charger with Priority Charge + Dynamic Power Management, 4500mAh Portable External Battery Pack for Samsung Galaxy S8 5.8 inch (Black)
- ★【STAY CHARGED ANYWHERE】: Only for Samsung Galaxy S8 5.8 inch ( Not compatible with Galaxy S8 Plus ) . World's 1st and ONLY battery case compatible with Qualcomm Quick charge 3.0, with a long last 4500mAh Li-Polymer battery (>800 Life Cycle). Built into perfection with all features you need.
- ★【FULL 360° PROTECTION】: Designed with perfectly raised bezel, ergonomic anti-slip pattern, cushioned frame and rugged outer-shell. Provides superior protection against drops, hard falls and scratches. Plus premium patterned surface with anti-slip and fingerprint proof features.
- ★【PRIORITY PASS-THROUGH CHARGING + OTG DATA TRANSFER】: Your phone will receive full-charge 1st and then begin to automatically re-charge the case in less than 2 hours. Plug-and-Play technology allows easy data-synchronization without having to remove the case.
- ★【DYNAMIC POWER MANAGEMENT】: Protect phone's battery life by optimize the charging speed when battery is empty or close to full. Sophisticated protective logic+ temperature sensor, prevents your device from over-heating / over-charging. Hex LED lights indicate an accurate power level.
- ★【LIFETIME WARRANTY】: Money Back Guarantee and Extended 2 Years Warranty. Upgrade to Lifetime Warranty by following @CASESSARY on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.