Charmast 26,800mAh Power Bank with 4 Outputs and 3 Inputs
- The charger makes use of four ports, so you can charge four devices at once
- Features Power Delivery and Quick Charge
- You're able to recharge it at Quick Charge speeds with either the Micro-USB or USB-C Input
- The max power output of the power bank is quite low and should be higher because of its many ports
Much like SUVs that are larger, high capacity power banks are also starting to be used more than smaller portable chargers that have lower power capacities. The reason for this is quite simple and that would be because they have more power to charge lots of devices to full power multiple times and they also feature more ports and make use of fast charging tech. Overall, the larger size and heavier weight are starting to become worth it for the equivalent exchange of power.
In this review, we’re going to be taking a look at quite a few high capacity power banks, it’s this Charmast 26,800mAh portable charger, that actually features a lot of ports and input ports to recharge it. Let’s see if it’s worth it.
Of course, this is a very high capacity power bank at its starts at a 26,800mAh power capacity, but let’s see how much of it you’re actually able to use. Which of course, will still be a lot even after the conversion of power.
3.7 x 26,800 = 99,160 / 5 = 19,832
On average, you’re really able to use about 20,000mAh of the capacity on this charger, we know that this is substantially lower than what the power bank starts out with, but it’s still a lot of power to be used.
For charging smartphones, most that have a 3,000mAh battery capacity such as the Galaxy S9, iPhone X, LG G7 ThinQ, OnePlus 6 and even the Galaxy Note 9 with its larger 4,000mAh battery, are all able to charge to full power about 5 times with this power bank. That said, just remember that those full charge estimates are based off charging a device only by itself. Charging multiple devices with this power bank is going to cut the number of full power charges that you’re able to get, as power is being sent to multiple devices at a time.
Charging larger devices such as tablets and laptops with this power bank can also result in multiple charges but if we’re talking about either of them having a 7,000mAh battery capacity, you can expect about two full charges for those larger types of devices. Also, yes, you can charge laptops with this power banks but only certain ones.
Speaking of charging, let’s see what this power bank has to offer with its ports.
There are a total of four ports on this Charmast power bank and what’s even more impressive is that it makes use of two fast charging technologies.
Three USB-A Ports
So there are three USB-A ports. Two of them have a 5V/2.4A standard charging speed, while one of them makes use of Quick Charge 3.0, so you can charge Quick Charge compatible smartphones at their max charging speed.
USB-C Power Delivery Port
The USB-C port on this power bank actually does feature Power Delivery but the only downside is that it supplies 18W of charging power, which is basically the base of Power Delivery charging that you can get. This PD charging is good for Power Delivery compatible smartphones, and it can also charge a USB-C MacBook but not at is max charging speed. Overall, the USB-C port on this power bank is best used for smartphones but it’s still neat that it’s able to output 18W, which is higher than a standard 15W USB-C port.
If you want a more powerful high capacity Power Delivery portable chargers then we recommend taking a look at this Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Power Delivery portable charger
The main downside for the charging on this power bank is that it has an 18W max output and this is basically the full power amount of either the Quick Charge port or the USB-C PD port are able to output. So if you’re charging multiple devices at once, none of the ports are able to work at their optimal level.
For recharging, you can use three ports, but they can only be used once at a time.
The USB-C port can also be used as an input to recharge the power bank, then the other two input ports are the Micro-USB and Lightning input port. Both the USB-C port and Micro-USB input are Quick Charge compatible and so when you use a Quick Charge wall charger with either of them you’re able to recharge the power bank faster.
The Lighting input is the slowest with its recharge rate of 5V/1.5A.
Other than recharging speeds, it’s actually quite nice to have three input port options as it’s something very few power banks on the market actually do. Especially the Lightning input, as iPhone users can actually use the same cable that they use to recharge their phone, to also recharge this power bank.
Size and Weight:
The length of this power bank is quite long as it has a 7.7-inch length, the width of the power bank is 3.7 inches, but with its thickness of 0.5 inches, it doesn’t seem all that large. The weight of it is 15 Ounces, so just shy of 1 pound.
Would it be something that you can hold while you’re walking around town and going about your day? Well, not really but it depends, you can put it into your pocket but the weight of it would be quite noticeable. So it’s not really the size that’s large with this power bank as it nearly has the same length of most smartphones, but the weight can be noticeable after a while, but that’s just something that comes along with the immense power that you’re carrying around.
When it comes to using this power bank, it’s quite easy.
All of the charging ports are together, except for the Micro-USB input port that’s only on the long-length side. There’s also a power button and four Blue power capacity indicators on the side of the power bank. You do have to press the power button to begin charging.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this power bank is pretty good and we’re surprised as it doesn’t exactly come from a leading brand, and this definitely a surprise in the power bank market where it’s easy to cut corners and sell a cheap product. The charger is made up of three main parts with their being a top, middle and bottom piece.
The top and bottom pieces have a rubbery texture that makes it easier to grip the power bank. It’s not a rugged power bank though, and so you should still be careful about dropping it.
On the tech side, this power bank does not overheat despite it having so many ports, and this can be attributed back to it having an 18W max output, so not a lot of heat is being generated.
On the reliability scale this power bank does pretty well with its individual parts, and by that we mean each of its output ports are pretty powerful, but their reliability of each of them suffers because the max output of the power bank is so low.
The recharging for this Charmast power bank is pretty reliable though as it doesn’t matter if you’re a Micro-USB, USB-C, or iPhone Lightning cable, either of the cables are able to charge this power bank one way or another.
There’s still quite a bit of power capacity to be used even after its conversion. Having a higher max output with this power bank would be better when charging multiple devices at once.
The charger isn’t too large and it’s rather thin and resembles quite a few smartphones on the market. The main thing that makes it feel larger is the weight, and so it’s use of a high capacity isn’t that much of a nuisance.
The build quality of this power bank is solid and it doesn’t get warm even if you’re charging many devices at once.
The reliability of this power bank is great with its use of many ports, and two fast charging technologies. There’s also it’s highly accessible recharging with its use of three input ports. The one thing to make it more reliable is to have a higher max output.
Specs of the Charmast 26,800mAh Power Bank with 4 Outputs and 3 Inputs:
- Power Capacity: 26,800mAh | Output Capacity: 20,000mAh
Standard USB-A Ports: 5V/2.4A
Quick Charge USB-A Port: 18W
USB-C Port: 18W
USB-C & Micro-USB Input: 18W
Lightning Input: 5V/1.5A
- LED Power Indicator: Four White Power Indicators
- Size: 7.7 x 3.7 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 15 Ounces
This Charmast 26,800mAh power bank has a lot to offer with four output ports and three input ports, but what would make it even better is if had enough power to use multiple ports at max power at the same time.
[Upgraded] 26800mAh USB PD Portable Charger QC 3.0 Quick Charge Power Bank External Battery for Nintendo Switch/iPhone X 8, Type-C Laptops, MacBook/MacBook Pro USB Power Delivery Support (Black)
- ⚡【USB Power Delivery Type C and QC 3.0 Quick Charge】This Charmast 26800 PD Power Bank is an upgrade of our 26800mah QC 3.0 Quick Charge portable charger. The Bidirectional Type-C port with PD and QC 3.0 Quick Charge protocol both supports fast in and out. Up to 2A input and 3A output with USB Type-C port achieves 9-12V high voltage output that makes charging faster
- ⚡【Compact Slim Design】: The dimensions are 7.76x3.78x0.56in, and it weighs 0.95lb/430g, slightly larger than iPhone 8 Plus. Ultra Slim Design with only 14mm thickness, solid and portable. Fully rubber oil surface cover to enjoy a good touch feeling and protect your devices from scratched or dropped. Smooth, classical design allows you to power up in style
- ⚡【Colossal Capacity, Powerful Compatibility】: Universal fit for 2015 2016 2017 MacBook/ Type C port MacBook Pro and other Ultra-thin laptops, IPhone 8/ X/ Plus. It also works well with almost USB Type-C cell phones. With its 26800mAh capacity, it charges iPhone 8 7times, 7/ 6s 8.5 times,7/ 6 Plus 5 times, Galaxy S7/ 8 5 times, Nintendo Switch 3.5 times, Ipad mini 3 times, 2017/ 2016/ 2015 Macbook and tablets at least 2 times, notebook at least once, that's enough power to last an entire trip
- ⚡【Quick Charge 3.0 Technology & Multi iSmart Output】: With the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology, Fully recharged the Power Bank by QC 3.0 Micro USB input at around 7Hrs. Quick Charge your QC 3.0 Smartphone to 80% within 35 minutes. With multi output ports (2 USB iSmart outports +1 QC 3.0 outport +1 USB-C outport), you'll be able to charge multiple devices simultaneously. The iSmart port will recognize your devices, adjust to optimal charging settings to cut your charging time in half
- ⚡【What You Get】: 26800 PD portable charger, Micro USB cable, USB-C to USB-C cable, Travel pouch, User guide, Our worry-free 18-month warranty and 24 Hrs Customer Service. Built-in 4 LED Power indicators keep you informed of remaining capacity. Ultra reliable A+ Lithium-Polymer battery cell with over 500 battery charge life cycles. Intelligent Safety Protection, Supports over-charged, over-discharged, over-voltage- over-current and short circuit protection, more safe to use