CHOETECH 3-Port USB-C 18W Power Delivery Car Charger
- Power Delivery Charging is very useful for charging Power Delivery compatible smartphones
- You can use all the ports at their max power, at the same time because the max output of this car charger is 30W
- Power Delivery charging is mostly for smartphones as most USB-C laptops require a 30W charging rate
Power Delivery charging is starting to become the new universal type of fast charging for many devices on the market, and the good thing about Power Delivery is that it’s not only compatible with smartphones. Instead, Power Delivery is truly universal because it’s being used with the new standard of USB-C that’s now being used with all new Android smartphones, tablets and there are now many laptops on the market that are using USB and charge with USB-C tech.
However, Power Delivery does have different powering levels and at the base level, it would be 18W. That’s what this CHOETECH 3-port Power Delivery car charger features and so you might be asking yourself if it’s worth getting a car charger that has only 18W of Power Delivery charging power, and that’s what we’re here to figure out.
There are a total of three charging ports with this car charger. There are two SUB-A ports that share a 5V/2.4A (12W) output and then there’s the USB-C Power Delivery port that has an 18W charging rate.
The max output for this car charger is 30W, so you can use the full power of the USB-A ports and the USB-C port at the same time.
Let’s just go over the powering capabilities of the USB-C Power Delivery port. The Power Delivery charging on this car charger is really meant for fast charging Power Delivery compatible smartphones such as the Google Pixel 2, Galaxy S8 which is also compatible with Quick Charge and also the iPhone X and the iPhone 8. Yes, the iPhone X and iPhone 8 are able to fast charge with USB-C Power Delivery because you can charge them with a USB-C to Lightning charging cable.
So powerful charging is available for smartphones that are Power Delivery compatible, but as for tablets and laptops that use USB-C for charging, the 18W charging rate will be less effective. As most Power Delivery compatible laptops on the market are able to charge at their regular speed with 30W of Power Delivery charging and some require even more than that. The only USB-C laptop that you can safely charge with the USB-C port is a USB-C MacBook as those charge with even standard 15W USB-C ports.
Size and Weight:
The size of this car charger isn’t really a problem as it has a length of 2.8 inches, a width of 1.7 inches, and it has a thickness of 1 inch. The weight of the charger is 1.1 Ounces. So the end with the charging ports is a little larger than most other car charger but it’s still very low profile.
All the charging ports are on a single side and the USB-A ports have a 12W symbol encompassing them and the USB-C port has an 18W logo underneath it. Alongside the charging ports is also where there’s a Blue LED power indicator that turns on whenever the car charger is receiving power regardless of whether something is charging or not.
Structure and Material:
On the build side, this car charger holds quite well. It has a face plate where the charging ports are and other than that, the entirety of the car charger is just a single piece so there are few pieces that can come apart.
On the tech side, the car charger doesn’t get warm even if you’re charging three devices at once and that’s because charging is slowed down if the car charger does get warm.
If you don’t have a Power Delivery compatible device then it’s best to give this car charger a pass, or if you don’t even own a USB-C compatible smartphone. That said, if you do have a Power Delivery compatible smartphone then this CHOETECH car charger is very worth it, but not so much for Power Delivery laptops as the Power Delivery charging speed is too low.
Power Delivery charging power for this car charger is on the low-side and not really the best for laptops. However, Power Delivery charging is great for compatible smartphones.
The charger has a LED light that makes it easier to see the car charger at night.
There are few pieces being used with this car charger so there’s less of a chance for something to break off.
This is most reliable for Power Delivery compatible smartphones and not really for larger devices that use PD, as the charging power isn’t on the high level.
Specs of the CHOETECH 3-Port USB-C 18W Power Delivery Car Charger:
USB-C Port: 5V/3A | 9V/2A | 12V/1.5A (18W)
USB-A Port: 5V/2.4A (12W)
Max Output: 30W
- Input: 12-24V
- LED Power Indicator: Single Blue LED Indicator
- Size: 2.8 x 1.7 x 1 inches
- Weight: 1.1 Ounces
CHOETECH made a great Power Delivery car charger for smartphones but not so much for Power Delivery laptops. We think that if the USB-C port was able to output 30W that would definitely place it in a better spot.
Car Charger, CHOETECH 3-Port USB Type C Car Charger with 18W Rapid Charge Power Delivery & 12W 2.4 A Dual USB Port for iPhone X 8 8 Plus, Google Pixel 2 Pixel 2XL, Samsung Galaxy S9 S8 Note 8
- 【USB IF POWER BRICK CERTIFIED(TID:1062029)】18W Power Delivery USB Type C Car Charger passed rigorous test by USB compliance standard. No more worries about damaging your device, it's fast and safe to provides you the best possible performance.
- 【Power Delivery 2.0 Compatible Devices】The PD USB-C port is able to rapidly charge iPhone 8/8+/X; Samsung Note 8/ S8/S8+; Google Pixel 2/Pixel/Pixel XL; Nexus 5x/6P; LG G6, Huawei Mate 10, etc
- 【Charging 3 Devices Simultaneously】The 3-port car charger with total power of 30W, supports charging for 3 devices simultaneously. Compatible with nearly all USB powered devices, like Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 edge/S6/S6 edge/S6 edge+, iPhone 7/7 Plus/6/6s/6 Plus, LG V30/V20 and more, make your family have power along the way in vocation.
- 【Advanced Safe Circuitry】Certified by RoHS, CE & FCC, USB-IF; Built-in smart IC chip, ensures complete protection for you and your devices, including over-heating, over-current, and short-circuit protections.
- 【Package Included】1*Car Charger; 1*User Manual; 1*Bookmark, If you want to fast charge up your iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X, please order an extra USB-C to Lightning cord.