When it comes to charging, there is one component that is always used, charging cables. Even with wireless charging, you still need a charging cable to power the wireless charger. Cables have always been necessary and will likely always be and that’s why a cable needs to be durable since we use them so often.
There are many brands of cables on the market, but there are few that are as durable as they say they are. That’s why we’re here to review Volutz charging cables. Volutz is a brand that specializes in creating some of the top quality charging cables, and it’s been proven with the amounts of sales they’ve gotten, as well as the positive feedback.
In this review, we’re testing out Volutz Equilibrium USB-C and Micro-USB cables.
So, what makes these cables different than other brands that claim their cables are the toughest of them all? In this case, Volutz cables aren’t just about the build quality of cable or how it’s able to withstand great amounts of strain. It’s also about the cable’s ability to charge better.
So let’s check out what type of charging benefits these cables have.
Alright, so the charging speed benefits of using a Volutz cable isn’t extraordinary, but it can be better than other cables that you may find online or in a retail store. The first reason being is that the cables can support Qualcomm Quick Charge fast charging tech, which is compatible to use with many Android phones.
The other charging factor is that the cable uses an 18 to 24 AWG copper cable, and this allows for less Voltage drop during charging. As a result, you have Amp charging power staying the same more often during charging. Having a more consistent charging speed is better and can charge your device to full power at a faster rate.
Other cables that may not have as thick copper cables can end up charging your smartphone or devices slower. There are even some cables that won’t support charging at Quick Charge speeds.
One of the main concerns for anybody that uses a charging cable is how long it will last. Volutz cables are built better than most. We tested these cables for a total of two months straight and they’re in the same condition as we first bought them.
The most notable part of Volutz cables is how they’re built. On each of the cable ends they have thick connector housing for one end where the cable goes into your phone and the other end where the cable goes into the charger. Volutz has called this DualHousing. With DualHousing in place, the two connectors of the cable transfer tension from the middle of the cable to either side of the connectors.
Since each connector side is reinforced the tension that is transferred to either side is taken care of because of the reinforced structure on each connector side. With a normal cable, tension is either present in the middle of the cable and this ends up tearing the cable apart. The other problem with different charging cables is that the connectors end up ripping apart and breaking because tension from the cable is sent to the connector and the connectors are too weak to handle the tension.
Volutz charging cables can solve those two problems. Most of the tension is taken away from the cable and send to the connectors, and the connectors are strong because of their reinforcement which makes them last a lot longer.
Even if tension is present within the middle of the cable, there isn’t much of a concern because the cable itself is also built well due to its Quad woven structure.
There are many cables out there, whether we’re talking about ones that you purchase online or in a retail store. Many of them may mention how well they’re built, but few are able to support just how resilient they are. Volutz has proven that they can create cables that are tough as they say they are.
Volutz cables can explain how their cables are different, and this is proven even further with the way their cables look, with thicker connector sides and the cable itself is thicker. No matter what you’re charging, an Android smartphone that uses a Micro-USB cable, USB-C cable, or an iPhone that uses a Lightning cable, if you want one that lasts longer than any other you’ve used, we recommend Volutz cables for longevity and to ensure a fast charging experience.
- Refuse re-branded generics. Volutz Micro USB Cable (USB 2.0 sync & charging Cable) is engineered & patented by us for you
- Equilibrium 6.5ft cable charges 11% faster than Samsung Galaxy S7 original OEM 5ft Micro USB charging cable
- 2x longer lasting than ANY OEM Micro Cable option with 50.000+ bending tolerance = likely the last phone chargers you’ll need
- Supports anything with Micro-USB port i.e. Samsung Galaxy S7/S7+/S6/S6+, HTC, Motorola, Nexus, Nokia, LG, Huawei, Sony, Blackberry, Kindle, Android smartphones and more
- INCLUDED: 5-pack Micro USB to USB 2.0 cables (10ft + 6.5ft + 3X 3.3ft) / 2 Year warranty /retail paper box
- Volutz made by Sweden - Sustainably engineered and certified for performance, durability and safety by recognized laboratories.
- Extensively compatibility tested with a wide range of devices including Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 S8 Plus Note 10 9 8, LG G5 G6 V20 V30, Moto Z, Google and more.
- Revolutionary durability - engineered to withstand the wear of daily use, lasting 2 times longer than ANY stock Android USB C cable with confirmed 50.000+ bending tolerance.
- The ideal fast charging USB-C cable sporting industy thick copper core supporting 3A Samsung Adaptive Charge, Qualcomm Quick Charge. Transfer data up-to 480 Mbps (USB 2.0).
- Visionary haptics – Engineered with Volutz patented DualHousing technology, Nylon braided & gold-plated USB-IF certified connector. Equipped with 56k ohm pull-up resistor. Comes with 2-year warranty.