IBIS Dual Coil Fast Wireless Charging Station
- You're able to wireless charge two smartphones at the same time
- There's fast charging available for Samsung Qi-compatible smartphones
- Charge three devices at once with the included USB-A port
- Three ways to power the wireless charger
- Does not support fast wireless charging for iPhones
Wireless charging isn’t the fastest way to charge your smartphones, as wired charging is actually faster. This is very true now more than ever as many smartphones on the market are compatible with some sort of fast charging techs such as Power Delivery or Quick Charge. However, it’s the convenience factor that makes wireless charging so likable and used among many people.
However, most wireless chargers are just the same, with them only being able to charge a single device no matter how many coils they have, and so they can’t exactly charge multiple devices at once such as wall chargers or desktop charging stations. That said, there are a few wireless chargers on the market that are able to charge two Qi compatible smartphones at the same time.
One is right here that we’re going to review and that would be this IBIS Dual Wireless charging pad that also makes use of a USB-A port. So let’s take a look if this is too good to be true or having the ability to wirelessly charge two smartphones is a dream come true.
There are a total of three ways to charge from this IBIS wireless charger.
The first two, of course, are of course wireless charging smartphones. There are two coils that are placed at two ends of the charger, so you can actually change two Qi compatible smartphones at the same time, such as an iPhone XS and a Galaxy Note 9.
Even though we did say that wireless charging is slower than wired charging, the wireless charging from this charger is actually quite fast but that depends on what input you’re using to power the charger in the first place.
That’s because there are actually three input ports to use on this charger, and it’s definitely one of the best parts of it. There’s a USB-C, Micro-USB and a lightning input port. The best input port to use in this case would be the USB-C input and that’s because it’s Quick Charge compatible and the charger actually comes with a Quick Charge wall charger that you can use to power to the wireless charger at its max charging speed.
The benefit of powering this wireless charger with a Quick Charge wall charger is that the wireless charging is faster and so you can provide 10W wireless charging to those Qi compatible smartphones that are Fast Wireless charging compatible, such as the Note 9, Galaxy S9 and other Samsung smartphones.
As for regular wireless charging compatible smartphones, they will charge at a 5W wireless charging rate, even if you have the wireless charger being powered through the USB-C input with a Quick Charge wall charger.
Powering the wireless charger with the Micro-USB which has a 5V/2.0A input or the Lighting input with its use of 1A input will result in slower wireless charging speeds of 5W.
The third way to charge your wireless charger is with the USB-A port and even though it is highly useful to charge another device while you have two smartphones charging wirelessly, the USB-A port on this charger has a 5V/1.0A charging rate.
Size and Weight:
The size of the charger is quite large in terms of length, but even so, it’s still small that you’ll be able to place it where you want and it won’t be taking up too much space. The charger has a length of 7.9 inches, the width of 3.6 inches, and a thickness of 0.3 inches. The weight of the charge is 13.6 Ounces.
So it’s a very slim charger and doesn’t even weigh 1 pound. It’s quite easy to travel with, but for the most part, you’re going to be packing this charger in a single place to use it.
When it comes to using the charger, it works just like any other wireless charger.
At the top, there are two circles to the right and left end to indicate where the charging coils are and the smartphone has to stay in the middle the charger for it to actually charge. To actually power the charger, the three inputs are to the back side, and so is the USB-A output port.
Once the wireless charger is receiving power, there’s a Blue light that always stays on to show that the charger is receiving power. When you’re actually charging a device with either the wireless charging or USB-A port, then there’s a Greenlight that turns and pulsates to show that a device is charging.
IBIS actually has an update for this wireless charger quite recently and they dimmed the lights to make it bearable to actually have this charger in a bedroom and to sleep with the lights being on. That said, if they’re still too bright then covering the lights with an object does solve the problem.
Structure and Material:
The charger is mostly made of plastic, and even though it doesn’t come from a very well-known brand the charger still has a great build quality that does feel nice to use.
With wireless charging, there’s definitely heat generation and that’s no different here. Whether you’re wirelessly charging two or one smartphones, this charger does tend to get slightly warm and the warmth is at the location of where the charging coil is. It’s not a serious problem at all, it’s just something that we thought you should know.
Just charging from the USB-A port alone does not to make the charger warm.
If you have family or friends that own a Qi-compatible smartphone and you do too, then this dual wireless charger can be highly useful for you to place it in the living room and for everyone to use. As most wireless chargers on the market are for single smartphones, and the convenience factor of just placing a smartphone on a pad and charge is quite cool.
There’s also the benefit of being able to charge the third device, too.
The usage of three input ports increase accessibility for this charger tremendously, and you’re able to have fast wireless charging when you power it through teh USB-C input port with a Quick Charge wall charger. Thankfully, this charger comes with a Quick Charge wall charger.
The charger does have a long length, but it’s still easy to place on a surface, and best of all it’s very slim so it looks nice where you place it.
The charger does get slightly warm when you’re wirelessly charging, but it only gets warm near the charging coil locations.
The charger is very reliable if you and someone that you live with own a wireless charging smartphone. Another reliability factor is the use of three different input ports.
Specs of the IBIS Dual Coil Fast Wireless Charging Station:
- Power Capacity: 26,800mAh | Output Capacity: 20,000mAh
Samsung Qi-Compatible Smartphones: 10W
Other Qi-Compatible Smartphones: 5W
USB-C: 5V/1.0A | 9V/1.0A
- LED Power Indicator: Blue and Green Indicators
- Size: 7.9 x 3.6 x 0.3 inches
- Weight: 13.6 Ounces
This IBIS dual wireless charger is definitely a step in the right direction for wireless charging, as it’s basically a 2-port wall charger but in wireless terms.
IBIS Wireless Dual Wireless Charger Fast Charging Station 3 Multiple Devices At Once, Wireless Charging Pad, Certified Qi Wireless Charger USB C Phone charger Pad For iPhone XS Max 8 Galaxy Qi Charger
1 used from $23.85
- 9W FAST CHARGING – No more fiddling with cables or waiting hours for your phone to come back to life! Our double wireless charging pad multiple devices charger will powers up your phone quickly: just drop and charge! Let the 9W dual qi charger work its magic! Comfortable With iPhone Xs Max, Xs, XR
- AIRPODS COMPATIBLE STAY ORGANIZED - NO MORE CABLE MESS – Sick of tangled cords cluttering up your workspace? Your dual wireless charging pad help you stay organized! Plus, the charger’s minimalist design adds a sleek look to your space!
- SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK – 18-Month Warranty - Never get caught on empty when you pack the IBIS Qi wireless charger! It’s lightweight and compact, so it fits comfortably into your backpack or briefcase. Also, for digital nomads, it’s a must-have, multi-functional travel companion.
- COMPACT & PORTABLE – In today’s world, nobody has time for a dead phone, so keep an IBIS cordless phone charging station at your home, work, and on-the-go! Moreover, for extra peace of mind, we include a FREE Qualcomm 3.0 quick charge wall adapter if you ORDER NOW!!
- SHAREABLE! CHARGES UP TO 3 DEVICES AT ONCE – Full batteries for all! Get the wireless charging mat that like the Airpower mat. It’s perfect for sharing with friends, co-workers, and family. Also, with three different ports: a USB C, micro USB, and lightning port, Apple and Android lovers will walk away with a charged battery thanks to the wireless phone charger for android