iClever 61W Power Delivery USB-C Wall Charger with GaN Tech
Wall chargers are the most common types of chargers that are used. This is true for smartphones, as every new smartphone that you purchase comes with a wall charger and chances are if you lose your original charger, then you’re going to purchase another wall charger, rather than a power bank or a car charger. Tablets also make use of wall chargers, too, and there is a steep rise in the number of laptops that use wall chargers.
Laptops are using wall chargers because many are now Power Delivery compatible, and therefore use a USB-C port.
In this review, we’re taking a look at iClever’s 61W Power Delivery wall charger. This charger only has a single USB-C port, but the port can output a lot of power that can be useful for charging many devices.
This iClever wall charger may only have a single port, but the single USB-C Power Delivery port has a very high 61W charging speed. Likely, most other third-party wall chargers and power banks that you’ve seen on the market have a 30W charging rate. 30W is quite fast, but when it comes to matching the charging power of chargers that would come with a MacBook, Chromebook or other USB-C compatible laptops or laptop/tablet hybrids, 30W isn’t enough for max power.
That’s where this iClever wall charger comes in. With its 61W, you’re able to charge MacBooks faster, and it can replace the wall charger that came with your MacBook, too. This charger has also been released at a perfect time considering that Microsoft has released three all-new devices that can be charged using USB-C Power Delivery, those devices include in the Surface Pro X, Surface Laptop 3 and the 2019 Surface Pro 7 that now uses a USB-C port. All of which can make great use of the fast charging that this PD charger has to offer.
In our case, we tested it by charging it with a Microsoft Surface Go, and even though the Surface Go is charged through a Surface Connect port, it can also be recharged from the USB-C port. Using iClever wall charger, we were able to get a charging speed of 38W, which wouldn’t be possible with a 30W PD charger.
Getting this 61W wall charger covers all your bases for charging, as you can still use it to charge smartphones and laptops. Don’t worry, this charger will not damage your smartphone as it adjusts the charging power for the device that it’s charging. Phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, 10, S10, S9, S8, iPhone X, 8, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone 11 Max Pro will recharge at 18W.
Size and Weight:
Another factor that makes this charger great to use is its size. This wall charger uses GaN, which means a Gallium Nitride chip, and because of that, the size of the charger is a lot smaller.
The charger has a length and width of 2 inches, so it’s a perfect square shape. The thickness is 1.2 inches. To make things even better, the charger has a retractable AC adapter that ensures that you’re able to place this charger into your pocket and take it with you anywhere.
This wall charger is like using any other charger. You plug it in and you start using it. There’s a Blue LED circle light that turns on once you plug the charger in. Of course, just remember that you’ll be needing a USB-C to USB-C charging cable to charge USB-C devices. If you’re charging an iPhone, then you need to use a Lightning to USB-C cable.
Structure and Material:
There’s nothing to worry about when it comes to the build quality of this charger. It’s compact and everything is put together tightly. The only thing that could break would be the AC adapter, but even that holds up well in our case, and it’s such common use that you can expect it to last for a long time.
Despite its small form factor and high output, this charger does not overheat.
When it comes to Power Delivery, when the charger has a higher max output it blankets over more devices that it’s able to charge. This iClever charger can blanket over many devices that use a USB-C port for charging and can make for a great replacement charger if you ever lose or break your current USB-C PD wall charger.
The only set back with it is that it only uses a single port, so if you need to charge your laptop and your smartphone with it, you can only charge one.
Charging power is the best reason to get this wall charger as 61W of power is enough to charge most USB-C PD compatible laptops and it’s also able to fast charge smartphones.
The size of this charger is very small and that’s thanks to the use of a GaN chip.
The build quality of this charger is solid, and it doesn’t overheat.
Since it has a high output, it’s a great charger for large and small devices. The unreliable part is the ability to only charge a single device.
Specs for iClever 61W USB-C Power Delivery Wall Charger:
USB-C PD Port: 5V/2.4A | 9V3A | 12V/3A | 15V/3A | 20V/3A | 20.3V/3A (61W)
- Input: AC 100-240V; 50 / 60Hz 1.5A Max
- LED Power Indicator: Single Blue indicator light
- Size: 2.0 x 2.0 x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 3.7 Ounces
This iClever 61W Power Delivery GaN tech wall charger can prove to be a useful companion for charging your laptops, tablets, or smartphones. The only set back would be is that it only has one port.
iClever USB C Charger, 61W Type C Wall Charger with GaN Tech, PD 3.0 Fast Charging Block for iPhone 11/Pro/Max, MacBook Pro/Air, Dell XPS, iPad Pro, Galaxy, Google Pixel, Nintendo Switch (White)
- [Premium GaN Tech]: Ever power but more compate,thank to the laster GaN tech and a PI chipset! The size of the iClever PD 3.0 charger is only 50% of the standard 61w usb pd charger! It even stays cool when charging, too!
- [Strong 61W Output]: Imagine charging a Macbook Pro 2019 in just 1.9 hours,and Galaxy S10 in just 1.6 hours---the type c wall charger helps to save your charging time and keep you from endless waiting.
- [Wide Compatibility]: This usb c pd charger is compatible with Macbook, HP Spectre, Dell XPS, Lenovo, iPad, iPad pro, iPhone, Samsung, Google Pixel and LG, etc. Even better, the usb c wall adapter also supports fast charging for the Apple iphone X/XR/XS/11/11 Pro/11 Pro max and the latest models of iPad and Samsung tablets
- [TUV Certified]: To keep you as safe as possible, this type c wall charger has multiple safety mechanisms and is certified by the TUV. iClever 61w usb c power adapter has protection from over current, short-circuit, over temperature, over voltage, and more. This also prolongs the life of the device so you can use it for years to come.
- [What You Get]: iClever 61W GaN Charger, User Guide.Quality products are foundational to our success, as is your satisfaction. We happily offer 24-hour online customer service.