iPhone X Mooncity 3,200mAh Battery Case
- Has enough power capacity for a near full-charge
- Has a slim form factor that's better than most other battery cases on the market
- Uses a Lightning input port so you can charge the battery case just like you're charging the actual iPhone
- Might not be able to provide full-frontal protection in the event of a fall
Portable charging has taken off quite well and that’s because of how convenient it is. When it comes to using wall chargers, they’re used to charge your smartphone and lots of devices at once, but at the same time, you have to keep your devices in a single spot until they’re charged. So power banks allow you to go anywhere that you want to and still be ablet to charge your devices. Portable chargers has gotten to a point where they feature all the fast charging tech that a wall charger would have.
That’s not really the case with battery cases though, even though battery cases are basically power banks just in the shape of a case for your smartphone. This Mooncity battery case for the iPhone X is basically a mini power bank that you can wrap around your smartphone and you’re good to go. That said, is a battery case truly better than a portable charger that can most likely feature more?
Or you should you go with the more conventional approach of using a battery case that can offer a better user experience?
You can’t expect most battery cases to have very large capacities. That’s because they’re cases, and if so having a large capacity would mean the battery case would have to be larger and heavier. Battery cases with low capacities such as this Trianium one is still a tad larger than just regular cases. Of course, there are battery cases that have very large capacities such as ZeroLemon battery cases which feature very high power capacities (at least when it comes to battery cases) and some of them even have USB ports to charge another device at the same time.
This Trianium battery case actually has a lower capacity than most other battery cases for the iPhone X, with its 3,200mAh power capacity. With that said, let’s first see what amount of power you’re actually going to be able to use.
3.7 x 3,200 = 11840 / 5 = 2,368
So you’re actually going to be able to make use of 2,368mAh of power capacity towards charging your iPhone X. The iPhone X has a battery capacity of 2,716mAh and so this battery case gets very close to charging your smartphone to its full power. Some might say that the battery case not being able to charge the iPhone to its full power is a major flaw, but it’s mini power bank, to begin with. Most mini portable chargers are not able to charge smartphones to their full power.
Output charging with this battery case is slow and that’s what you can expect from most battery cases on the market. As there are a few battery cases that have a charging output of 5V/1.5A and even fewer that have 2 Amp charging. This is mostly for safety reasons as there shouldn’t be a risk of overheating with the battery case, as that would then cause damage to the iPhone X.
This Trianium battery case has to charge speed of 5V/1.0A.
Recharging this battery case is done through a Lightning input port and it has a recharge rate of 5V/1.0A. So most wall chargers that you use with this battery case to recharge it are able to charge it at full power. Another thing is that you can connect the battery case to a laptop to recharge it and you can also sync and share files while your iPhone X is connected.
Size and Weight:
The size and weight of a battery cases matter a lot less than normal cases, as they have batteries and some circuitry and therefore they’re going be larger and heavier than just your average case.
That said, this Trinamium battery case is rather on the small side when it comes to battery cases as a whole. That’s because it has a length of 5.8 inches, a width of 3 inches, and a thickness of 0.5 inches. The weight of the charger is 3 Ounces. It will add on thickness the most out of everything else, but other parts of this case don’t add too much on.
It’s a simple case to use. With it, all being just a single piece and all you have to do is just bend the top part of the case a bit and then slide your smartphone into the case. Once you have the iPhone X connected to the Lighting charging port at the bottom, then you can press the power button that’s at the back of the battery case and it begins charging. Also, there are 4 White LED power capacity indicators on the back of the case.
At the bottom of the case is where you’ll find the Lightning input port to recharge the battery case. Also, as we mentioned before, you recharge the battery case and syncing your iPhone X with a computer at the same time with the case on. The use of a Lightning input with a battery case, even though it’s for the iPhone X is quite surprising as most battery cases on the market use a Micro-USB input port.
Structure and Material:
The battery case does protect most of the iPhone but at the same time, it’s questionable if the case actually protects the front the smartphone. That’s because the front bezels of this battery case are quite flexible and so if you do drop your smartphone with the battery case, the front bezel can bend and have your screen touch the ground. Just something to be cautious about.
On the tech build side, this charger has a slow charging rate for a reason and that would be because it has to make sure that it doesn’t overheat itself because of its very small size and to ensure that it doesn’t overheat the iPhone X.
It’s a very reliable battery even if doesn’t charge an iPhone X to its full power it at least comes very close. Perhaps the most reliable part about it is that it uses a Lightning input port and that’s a great thing as you don’t have to worry about searching for a Micro-USB charging cable if you’re a hardcore Apple device user.
The output power capacity comes close to charging an iPhone X to its full power, and it uses a Lighting input rather than a Micro-USB input.
The battery case is surprisingly small but it does add thickness to the iPhone X.
Build quality is pretty good but the front bezel being more rubbery rather than completely solid can be a problem if the iPhone X drops straight on its screen size.
It’s a very reliable battery case that offers power and syncing abilities.
Specs of the iPhone X Mooncity 3,200mAh Battery Case:
Initial Capacity: 3,200mAh
Output Capacity: 2,368mAh
- Output: 5V/1.0A
Micro-USB input: 5V/1.0A
- LED Power Indicator: 4 White LED Power Capacity Indicators
- Size: 5.8 x 3 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 3 Ounces
This Mooncity battery case is a very reliable portable charger that’s in the form of a case, and if you’re searching for a battery case experience that doesn’t differ too much from using your iPhone X without a case, then this one can serve you well.
iPhone X Battery Case, Mooncity Extended Charging Case Rechargeable Battery Pack Slim Backup Battery Charger Case Power Bank 3200mAh +Free Screen Protector as Gift-Black
- Add 90% Extra Juice: Thanks to the built-in rechargeable Li-polymer battery pack 3200mAh, you can freely enjoy additional hours of talk, text, stream, and surf time, yet slim and lightweight enough to fit easily in your hand or pocket. With Mooncity battery case on hand, you will never have to worry about running out of power again!
- Charging & Sync: This battery case supports Lightning earphones and Lightning to USB Cable (not included), which enables you to enjoy your favorite tracks while charging, You can also sync your iPhone X /10 to Macbook, PC or laptop without removing the case
- Full Protection: The soft bumper design and hard-shell backplate reinforce the durable construction of the charger case, which is sturdy enough to absorb shock and protect your pricy iPhone X against bumps and drops
- LED Power Indicator: Internal circuit protection design can safeguards the device against overcharging and overheating. And LED power indicators allow you to check out the power status easily. With the smooth buttons and precise cut-outs, you can access all the functions of your device without any hassle
- Lifetime Warranty: Mooncity Battery Case comes with Lifetime warranty and enjoys 90 days hassle-free money back guarantee. Best gift for people who need extra battery life for trips, conferences, and even everyday life