MaxBoost Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger with Built-in USB-C Cable
- The Built-in USB-C charging cable and USB-A port use Quick Charge 3.0
- You charge two Quick Charge compatible smartphones at their max charging speed at the same time
- There's a dim but noticeable Blue LED light to make it easier to see the car charger at night
- Not very reliable if you don't own a USB-C compatible smartphone, otherwise that part of the car charger would be worthless
Car chargers for fast charging compatible smartphones is one of the best charging electronics that you can use to charge your devices. That’s because while you’re driving, your smartphone can be fast charging and by the time you reach your destination you have a device that is charged up or at least up to a good point where you can actually use it. While standard devices require charging for an extended period of time as they receive slower charging.
This MaxBoost car charger with a built-in USB-C charging cable is one of the best car chargers that you can get for a Quick Charge USB-C compatible smartphone. As it has a cable that you can always rely on using and also the two output charging methods feature Quick Charge. So let’s see if this car charger is worth it or not.
The focal point of this car charger is the built-in USB-C charging cable. That’s because you can use it to not only charge USB-C compatible smartphones but it also features Quick Charge. So if you have a smartphone that uses USB-C, you can use the built-in cable to charge it.
However, if you have a smartphone like the Galaxy S8, S9, LG V30 and other USB-C Quick Charge compatible smartphones, then you’re able to charge them at their max charging speed with the built-in cable.
This MaxBoost car charger also features a USB-A port that uses Quick Charge. You can also charge Non-Quick Charge smartphones with the USB port but they will receive a 5V/2.0A charging speed.
Another great thing about this car charger is that it has a max output of 36W. So you can charge two Quick Charge smartphones at their max charging speed at the same time.
Size and Weight:
The size of this car charger isn’t all that large at all, and this is basically the case when it comes to all car chargers. The end with the charging ports is a little larger than most though. This MaxBoost car charger has a length of 2.5 inches and a width of 1.5 inches. The weight of the charger is 0.8 Ounces.
Using this car charger is quite simple, as all you have to do is plug it into a 12Volt outlet and it’s ready to use. If you have a USB-C compatible smartphone then you can simply use the built-in USB-C charging cable. While the USB-A port requires a charging cable to be used with it.
Once the car charger is plugged in and is receiving power, there’s a Blue LED ring around the car charger that turns on. The Blue LED light isn’t too bright, and won’t be a disturbance during the night time.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this car charger is really good and it holds well. We were worried about the built-in charging cable being weak and easy to break, but that also holds well. With that said, just make sure that you’re not bending it too much, because once the built-in USB-C cable does break, then that part of the car charger is basically useless.
On the tech side, this car charger does tend to get warm if you’re charging two Quick Charge smartphones at the same time.
This is a very reliable car charger if you’re someone that owns a USB-C compatible smartphone, and even more reliable if you own a USB-C Quick Charge smartphone as you can make the most of this MaxBoost car charger. It’s not nearly as reliable for iPhone users or for Android users that still own a Micro-USB smartphone as you won’t be able to use the built-in USB-C charging cable.
Both of the charging parts of this car charger use Quick Charge and so you can charge two Quick Charge compatible smartphones at their max charging speed.
The car charger is easy to use, and Blue light around the car charger allows for easy finding if you’re charging your smartphone at night.
The build quality of the charger is good, but if you’re charging two Quick Charge smartphones at the same time, you should do so for a short duration of time and that’s because the car charger gets a little warm.
It’s a very reliable car charger for anyone that owns a USB-C Quick Charge compatible Android smartphone.
Specs of the MaxBoost Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger with Built-in USB-C Cable:
Built-in USB-C Cable: 3.6-6V/3A | 6.2-9V/2A | 9-12V/1.5A (18W)
USB-C Cable: 3.6-6V/3A | 6.2-9V/2A | 9-12V/1.5A (18W)
Max Output: 36W
- Input: DC: 12V~18V
- LED Power Indicator: Blue Ring LED Indicator
- Size: 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 0.8 Ounces
This MaxBoost car charger with a built-in USB-C charging cable has proven itself to be most useful for Android users that use Quick Charge and charge with USB-C. As it’s readily available with the USB-C charging cable that comes with the car charger itself.
Type C Car Charger, Maxboost 36W Quick Charge 3.0 USB Port + Built-in USB C (3.1) Cable for Galaxy S9 S8 Plus, Note 8, LG G6 G5 V20, HTC 10, Nexus 6P 5X, Macbook, iPhone, OnePlus,Nintendo Switch
- Maxboost-exclusive SmartUsb with QC. 3.0 Technology - Certified Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Dual Usb Port Charge QC 3.0 enabled devices up to 80% faster; up to its maximum allowance 18W ( 6V/3A 9V/2A 12V/1.5A) and non-QC3.0 devices up to 5V/2A. Up to 4X faster than standard chargers.
- Universal Charging - Featuring a powerful smart port technology, to identify and provide full-speed charging for any smartphone, type c phone, or tablet. Our QC 3.0 charger is also backward compatible with all version of Qualcomm Quick Charge Technology (1.0&2.0)
- Led Indicator Light - The Quick Charge 3.0 car charger features an external soft-glow Led ring that lights up when plugged in for ease of use at night or in the dark. [Note: The Led ring is specifically softened to avoid distraction while driving.]
- Convenient To Carry - Lightweight, and extremely portable, fits in any compact socket space, and can be easily carried in a pocket, purse or suitcase.
- Notes: Google Pixel phone can only charge at normal speed