PLESON Cell Qi Fast Wireless Charging Pad Stand
- Features Fast Wireless Charging for Samsung Qi-Compatible smartphones
- You're able to place your smartphone either vertically or horizontally because there are two coils being used
- The bottom portion of the charger has a more open angle that enables you to see the entirety of your smartphone screen even when it's in landscape orientation
- Does not feature Fast Wireless charging for the iPhone X and the iPhone 8
Wireless charging is growing fast and even though it may not exactly be the most helpful way of charging your smartphone, it is convenient to have. So why isn’t wireless charging able to offer the best charging experience? Simply because the charging speed is slower than wired charging. If you want the fastest charging speed for your smartphone then it’s best to use a USB wall charger. As many Android smartphones are now compatible with Quick Charge and even the iPhone X and the iPhone 8 are compatible to charge faster with Power Delivery.
However, it’s very pleasant to use as wireless chargers are basically like wall chargers but in this case, you can just place your smartphone on them without having to plug a charging cable into them. One of the best types of wireless chargers to use are ones such as this PLESON Fast Wireless charger which we’re doing a review on right here.
These are a step above the regular wireless chargers that are just flat, or at least that’s the idea. So let’s take a closer look to see what it actually has to offer.
Most wireless chargers have a charging output speed of 5V/1.0A. Why such a slow charging speed? it’s because of the low input power that the wireless charger is being powered by. As many regular wireless chargers on the market require that you use a 2 Amp wall charger and that’s where the 1 Amp charging speed comes from.
However, that’s not the limit and there’s Fast Wireless charging such as this PLESON charger uses when you use a Quick Charge wall charger. This wireless charger does not come with a Quick Charge wall charger so if you want to make sure that you get the fastest charging possible, then you’re going to have to own a Quick Charge wall charger.
Using a Quick Charge 2.0 or 3.0 wall charger will result in a 10W output or a 5V/2.0A charging speed. It might not seem like much when you compare it to wired charging, but it’s double the standard rate of wireless charging. Another thing to know is that not all Qi compatible smartphones are able to charge at 5V/2.0A, and that’ because it’s really only meant for flagship smartphones that are able to accept that charging power during charging. Some of the phones are Samsung Galaxy and Note phones and also LG smartphones too.
Of course, you can charge the new iPhone X and iPhone 8 with this wireless charger too, and even though they won’t charge at 5V/2.0A, they get pretty close at a charging rate of 5V/1.5A. Many Fast Wireless chargers are able to cater to the fast iPhone wireless charging as well, so that’s definitely a plus whether you own a iPhone or Android smartphone.
If you use a standard 2 Amp wall charger, then you’re going to receive a slower output wireless charging speed of 5V/1.0A. Ultimately, it’s best to own a Quick Charge wall charger as you’re getting your money’s worth when using this PLESON charger.
As we mentioned, since this PLESON wireless charger is capable Fast Wireless charging, but in order to use that, you have to use a Quick Charge AC adapter to power this charger. Also, at the back there’s a Micro-USB input port and the wireless charger comes with a Micro-USB charging cable.
Size and Weight:
Like most wireless chargers on the market, this PLESON wireless charger has a very small size. It has a height of 4.7 inches, a width of 2.9 inches, and the thickness of the charger is 0.4 inches. The weight of the charger is 7 Ounces. So having it on a desk isn’t going to take up a lot of space at all.
When it comes to using it, you’ll find that wireless charging is indeed one of the simplest ways to charge your smartphone.
Just connect the AC adapter to an AC Outlet, and then connect the charging cable to the back of the wireless charger where the Micro-USB input port is. Once that’s done, you’re ready to place your Qi Compatible smartphone on the charger and have it charge. Another thing is that this charger has two charging coils, with one at the top and then there’s one at the bottom. Since it’s a stand, you can either place your smartphone vertically, or you can set it horizontally; with both of the angles being able to charge your smartphone.
At the bottom portion of the charger is where you’ll find a light strip. Once you place your smartphone on the charger and it’s charging, the light is Green. Then when your phone is fully charged the light becomes blue. However, the light doesn’t stay on constantly and actually turns off after a few seconds of being on so it’s not disruptive if you’re charging your phone while you’re sleeping.
A concern that many people have when it comes to wireless charging is if they can use their case with a wireless charger and in this case not really. There are many chargers on the market that actually do charge through Lifeproof and OtterBox cases, but this one isn’t able to. Unless your case is thinner than 5mm.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this charger is pretty good, it’s not breaking any records with having an awesome industrial structure but it holds itself well. At the bottom of the charger is where there are 4 rubber pads that make the charger stay in a single place.
The charger does get a little warm and so does your smartphone, it’s something that a lot of people worry about when it comes to wireless charging. However, it’s completely normal as it’s inductive charging that creates a forcefield so there will be heat.
If you own a Qi-compatible wireless charger then this PLESON wireless charger is going to be very reliable. As it doesn’t offer easy wireless charging but it also offers Fast Wireless charging for select Android smartphones and for the iPhone X and iPhone 8. Its use of two charging coils is also very useful as you can place your smartphone either vertically or horizontally.
This PLESON charger is a Fast Wireless charger and that means you’re able to charge at 2 Amps rather than 1 Amp. The use of a Quick Charge AC adapter is vital for receiving that output charging though.
It has a very small size and it’s easy to use once you get it powered up. Also, the light strip is non-obtrusive with it being very dim.
The build quality of this charger is pretty good but it’s just a wireless charger, so don’t go dropping it.
It’s very reliable as it’s compatible to use with all Qi-compatible wireless chargers.
Specs of the PLESON Cell Qi Fast Wireless Charging Pad Stand:
Samsung Qi Compatible Smartphones: 10W | When using a Quick Charge wall charger to power this wireless charger
iPhone X and iPhone 8: 5W
Standard Qi Wireless Charging: 5W
Micro-USB: 2 Amp USB Wall Charger for Standard Wireless Charging | Quick Charge Wall Charger for Fast Wireless Charging for Qi-Compatible Samsung Smartphones
- LED Power Indicator: Single LED Indicator
- Size: 4.7 x 2.9 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 7 Ounces
Wireless chargers may not have the fastest charging, but this PLESON wireless charger has faster charging in terms of being wireless.
PLESON Fast Wireless Charger, Cell QI Fast Wireless Charging Pad Stand for Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus S9+ S9 Note 8/5 S8 Plus S8+ S7 Edge,Standard Charge for iPhone X iPhone 8 iPhone 8 Plus-No AC Adapter
- ✓ LIGHTNING FAST AND CASE COMPATIBLE: The coolest wireless phone charger (With a Micro USB Jack). Enjoy 1.4 times faster charging and save your precious time and energy! Compatible with most kinds of cases, including tough armor case, rubber case, hybrid case, plastic/TPU/PC cases ect.(Not including magnetic metal plate case)
- ✓ ENJOY WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Being extremely compatible, this fast wireless charger is here to accommodate even your most demanding needs. The Fast Charge Mode is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note8, S8, S8+/S8 Plus, Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S7, and Galaxy S7 Edge. Other Qi-enabled devices will charge at standard wireless charging speeds. Some devices need extra receiver (Not Included): Samsung Note 4, Note 3, S5, S4, iPhone, LG G3, G4 ect.
- ✓ CHOOSE CHARGING STYLE: One of the greatest things about this wireless charger stand, besides the compact design and anti-slip mat, is its multifunctional role. Charge your mobile either horizontally or vertically. With the built-in over-voltage, under-voltage, temperature control, surge protection and short-circuit prevention features, we ensure ultimate safety for your smartphone.
- ✓ NO WIRES, NO BEEPS, NO LIGHTS: Sleep-friendly, Forget about all tangled up wires, beeping sounds and annoying lights and invest in this modern mobile phone charger! Its LED indicator will automatically shut off after 10 seconds. Sleep safe and sound from now on.
- ✓ GET THIS WIRELESS CHARGER RISK FREE: Since your satisfaction is our top priority, this wireless standing charger is backed by our 60-day money back guarantee policy! By using QC 2.0 adapter (NOT INCLUDED) or original adapters and cables, enables fast charging on the spot.