Mini power banks, which are low capacity power banks are still quite popular, but they’ve become less popular in recent years. This is due to most smartphones using larger batteries and also being compatible with fast charging tech such as Quick Charge and Power Delivery. Most people are going for higher capacity power banks that can charge their smartphones multiples times over.
In this review, we’re going to be taking a look at this PowerAdd 5,000mAh portable charger. A lower capacity power bank that does not feature fast charging, but doesn’t be so quick to judge. This charger does have a few things that make it a good portable power choice.
The power capacity, as mentioned, is not exactly the most impressive part of this charger. That’s because it has a 5,000mAh power capacity. When it comes to charging modern-day smartphones you’ll fair about one full charge possibly 1.5 full charges for your smartphone.
Only One? Really?
Yes, most smartphones are now using larger batteries. The Samsung Galaxy S10 and the Note 10 are now using 4,000mAh batteries. The LG G8 ThinQ has a 3,500mAh battery. The iPhone 11 Pro Max has a 3,969mAh battery, which is practically 4,000mAh. This PowerAdd power bank may have a 5,000mAh power capacity but power is lost during charging, and so you’re not receiving the full 5,000mAh that it starts with.
So if you’re getting this power bank, just remember that you won’t be able to charge your smartphone multiple times with it. With that said, one full charge for the day while you’re out, going about your day is what most people need.
From the simple power capacity, this power bank also has simple charging because it only features a single port, which is normal for power banks within this capacity range. The output port on this power bank does not feature fast charging, but the standard charging speed is 2.4A, which is the fastest standard charging speed that you can have.
The recharging for this power bank does not have fast charging either, with it using a Micro-USB input port. The recharging speed is 2 Amps, so you have to make sure to use a 2 Amp wall charger or higher to recharge the power bank at its max charging speed.
Size and Weight:
The size of this power bank is one of the best parts of it. Most 5,000mAh power banks on the market have larger form factors that make them thicker and impossible to place into a pocket. While this charger has a length of 4.3 inches and a thickness of 1.1 inches. The weight of the charger is about 3 ounces.
While most other portable chargers with the same power capacity have about 1.5-inch thicknesses, but this PowerAdd power bank allows you to place the charger into your pocket.
Charging from this power bank works the same way as PowerAdd’s other power banks as charging automatically starts when you connect a device. There is a power button that you can press to check the power capacity and there are four power capacity indicators on this charger.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this charger is great, with all of its parts being closely sealed together. This charger can be thrown into a bag, and overall you don’t have to worry about making sure that it won’t break.
The charger does not overheat at all since it only uses a single port and the port only has standard charging.
The reliability of this PowerAdd charger is quite narrow but still useful. You’re only going to get a single full charge from it for your smartphone, and it does not feature fast charging. On the other hand, the form factor of the charger ensures that you will be able to take this power bank where you want with no strings attached.
There’s enough power capacity for charging smartphones to full power at least once when it comes to charging, the power bank does a pretty alright job as it has an output port with a 2.4A output
The size of the charger is perhaps the best part as you won’t have any trouble at all being portable with it.
The charger does have a solid build and you won’t have to worry about it breaking even if you’re treating it roughly.
Since this is a low capacity power bank its reliability can fall short in some areas, but it’s mostly meant to be used for smartphones.
Specs of the PowerAdd 5,000mAh Mini Power Bank:
- Power Capacity: 5,000mAh
- Output: 5V/2.4A | 12W
- Input: 5V/2.0A | 10W
- LED Power Indicator: 4 White LED Power Indicators
- Size: 4.3 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 3 Ounces
PowerAdd’s 5,000mAh mini power bank offers exactly what it’s supposed to offer with its power capacity and charging. You won’t get multiple full charges or fast charging, but it does have enough power to get you through the day and you might forget that you even have it on you just because of how small and lightweight it is.
POWERADD EnergyCell 5000 Portable Charger, The Lightest 5000mAh Slim Power Bank with 2.4A Output, Compatible with iPhone Samsung and More
- ⚡【Lightest 5000mAh Portable Charger】 Incredible compact, 3.4oz(99g) weight, fits perfectly into pack, palm, or pocket, best for on-the-go charging
- ⚡【Fast Charging Speed】2.4A output, the fastest charging speed in 5000mAh mobile power supply, fully charged the iPhone Xs in 1.5 hours, enough to provide more than A full charge for the iPhone X and samsung Galaxy S9, or almost two for the iPhone 8.
- ⚡【 Widely Compatibility 】Works with iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs/ XR/ Xs Max/X/8 / 8 Plus/ 7/ 7 Plus /6/ 6 Plus/6S /6S Plus/5, iPad 2/3/4/Air/Air 2/2017/Mini 2/3/ 4, Samsung Galaxy S10+/ S9 / S9+/ S8/ S8+/ S7/S7 Edge /S6/S6 Edge/ S5/S4/ Kindle Fire HD/HDX/ Huawei/One Plus/honor/xiaomi/MI/ASUS/NOKIA/Motorola/Blackview and more.
- ⚡【Safe & Reliable】 The same high specification and performance battery as Tesla electric vehicles are uses Higher energy density to provide high reliability and stability. Protect your devices and portable charger all the time.
- ⚡【What You Get】1 x POWERADD EnergyCell 5000 Power Bank, 1 x Portable Pouch, 1 x Micro USB Cable, 1 x User Manual, 24 months limited product warranty and 24*7 easy-to-reach customer service