Simicore 4-Port Charging Station Dock & Organizer
Some might think that a single port wall charger is all they need to charge their devices, however, you might soon realize that using a single port to charge your devices can lead to frustration. There are two main reasons for this frustration and the first one is that you’re only able to charge a single one of your devices at a time, and another reason is that if you’ve got family or friends that also want to charge their devices, then there’s always going to be somebody that unplugs your device to charge theirs.
That’s where charging stations come in, such as this Simicore charging station dock. Desktop charging docks are larger than your usual desktop charger and that’s because they actually have a spot where you can place the charger. This Simicore charger is quite popular on the market, so let’s see if a charging dock is what you should be getting to be able to charge your device and the devices of your family and friends, altogether.
There are a total of four ports on this charging dock, and we honestly expected more for a charging station dock because they tend to have larger form factors. Each of the ports is able to output a charging speed of 5V/2.4A, and the max output of the charger is 6.8A. A 2.4A charging rate for each of the ports is perfect, as it’s one of the fastest standard charging speeds that you can use.
The flaw with the charging power of this Simicore charger is the max output. The charger has an overall max output of 6.8A. This is pretty good, as you can use the max power of two ports at the same time as the total power output just adds up to 4.8A. That said, the max output is low enough that you can’t make full power use of all the ports at once.
As charging three devices at once, if they’re using the max power of 2.4A of each of the ports, will actually split the charging rate for each of the ports, as the max power of three ports being used all at once would be 7.2A. Which this charging station is not capable of. So if you’re charging four devices at once, the charging power from each of the ports will be split, that is, if you’re going beyond the 6.8A max output of power.
This isn’t something that’s exactly “bad” about the charger, but we think that it would provide more value if it had a 9.6A max output, as it would be able to use the max power of all the ports at once.
Also, this charger does not feature Quick Charge, so it will not charge a Quick Charge compatible smartphone at its max charging speed.
Size and Weight:
You are going to need to have some space on a surface to place this charger as it has a length of 6.1 inches, a width of 5 inches, and a thickness of 1.2 inches. The charger weights 14.4 ounces. So this charger is portable, well you could take it places, but that would be quite a hassle. The main reason for that is not just because of the size, but it’s also because the charger uses separators and so you have to take those with you, that is if you want to use them with the charger, to begin with.
Overall, this charging station dock is basically meant to stay in a single spot.
When it comes to using the charger, you have to connect the AC adapter into the charger and then plug it into an AC outlet. Once the charger is being powered one of Blue LED lights will turn on with one of the dividers.
Speaking of the dividers, they’re labeled with which slot they go with and they can’t be interchanged. Once you plug a device into one of the reports, that port’s divider will light up blue to indicate that the device is charging, and once the device is fully charged the light turns off for that port.
Off to the side of the charger is where you’ll find a power switch to turn the charger off and on, which is a lot more convenient than unplugging the charger.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this charger is pretty good but it’s clear that it’s not exactly a premium product. The entire charger is made of plastic and the dividers are all plastic. That said, it’s still a solid build but don’t expect any great quality materials.
In-between each of the dividers there’s a rubber pad and that’s there so that the devices that you place into the charging dock don’t slide around.
Even if you’re charging four devices at once with this charger, it doesn’t get too warm. This is mostly because of the rather low max output of the charging station.
This Simicore charging station dock doesn’t do anything wrong, and for that reason, it’s enough to purchase it. That said, maybe if it tried more with having a higher max output or possible making use of Quick Charge then it would be reliable to ones that can make use of the fast charging tech.
Charging power from each of the ports is pretty good, but the max output of 6.8A could be higher.
The size of the charger is quite large. It’s pretty cool that there’s a LED light that turns on to indicate charging for a port, and it stops charging once the device is fully charged.
There rubber mats to prevent slippage of the devices that are placed into the charger.
The charger doesn’t go all out and it’s one of the main reasons that it doesn’t exactly hit a home run.
Specs of the Simicore 4-Port Charging Station Dock & Organizer:
Each USB-A Ports: 5V/2.4A
Max Output: 6.8A
- Input: 120-240V
- LED Power Indicator: Blue Indicators for Each Port
- Size: 6.1 x 5 x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 14.4 Ounces
This Simicore charging station dock is good with its charging power, LED charging lights and rubber pads. However, it made use of a higher max output, and maybe fast charging tech like Quick Charge, then it would provide even more value.
Simicore Smart Charging Station Dock & Organizer for Smartphones, Tablets & Other Gadgets - 4-Port Compact Multiple USB Charger & Phone Docking Station with Charging Status Indicator (Space Gray)
- CLEAN & ORGANIZED - No more cluttered cables. No need to plug a bunch of chargers on your power outlet for every phone and tablet you have. This compact electronics charging station keeps everything in one place - nice, clean and organized. It comes with 2 lightning cables for Apple and 2 short micro USB cables for Android.
- WORKS WITH ANY DEVICE - This USB charging station has 4 slots and 4 USB ports that can hold and charge up to 4 devices simultaneously. This device charging station works smoothly with any USB-powered device such as Apple iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones, tablets, cameras, eReaders, Bluetooth headsets, speakers and more.
- FAST & SMART CHARGING - This multiple USB charger station has 4 high-power 2.4A fast charging ports for power-hungry devices like tablets and large smartphones. The USB hub can deliver up to 6.8A from all 4 ports collectively.
- SAFETY & PROTECTION - The rubbery base of this cell phone docking station has a good grip for holding all devices preventing from slipping out. Each port of this multiple charging dock recognizes the exact voltage requirements of a connected device and matches the power output for a safe and quick charging. Its cutting-edge circuitry protects against short-circuit, over-voltage, over current, and over-charge.
- WARRANTY & MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - We offer a 1-Year Limited Warranty with this mobile docking station. We also offer a 30-day Money Back Guarantee through Amazon so your purchase is safe and protected.