When it comes to car charging, many of us don’t give it a lot of thought, as it seems like such a small and insignificant charging method. This is definitely not the case anymore, as many of the devices that we currently use are compatible with some sort of fast charging techs such as Quick Charge or Power Delivery. Quick Charge is most compatible with smartphones, and that’s one of the main reasons that Power Delivery charging is going to ultimately be more useful because it’s able to be used with small devices such as smartphones and also large ones like laptops.
That is why this Trianium Power Delivery car charger and ones like it are making car chargers more relevant than ever. This car charger, in particular, is quite a bit more powerful with its 45W charging rate, so let’s see what this means.
Most car chargers that make use of Power Delivery either has an 18W or 30W charging rate. Now, a 30W charging speed from a car charger is very impressive as you can charge Power Delivery compatible smartphones at their max charging speed, and quite a few Power Delivery compatible laptops and tablets.
However, this Trianium charger actually has 45W charging speed out of its Power Delivery port and therefore you’re able to charge more powerful types of laptops with this car charger, that otherwise wouldn’t charge even with a 30W charging rate. One laptop that comes to mind would be the Dell XPS 13 that actually requires that you use a 45W Power Delivery port to charge it.
Even if you’re not having to use a 45W Power Delivery device, charging a USB-C MacBook with a Trianium car charger is going to provide a faster charging speed than a 30W one.
The other port on this car charger is a USB-A port that features Quick Charge, so this car charger actually features two fast charging technologies. As you can also charge a Quick Charge compatible smartphone at its max charging speed.
Finally, the max output of this car charger is 63W, which means that you can actually use both of the ports at their max power, at the same time.
Size and Weight:
The form factor of this car charger is very similar to that of a four-port car charger, as it has quite a large port-end. Of course, it’s still a small charging electronic, but in terms of a car charger, quite a bit of it is going to be sticking out of the 12Volt Outlet. That’s because the charger has a length of 2.9 inches and a 1-inch thickness.
It’s definitely not a flush-fit car charger, but it’ll be out of the way for the most part.
The two ports are on at the front of the car charger, and there’s a “PD” symbol above the USB-C port and a Quick Charge logo above the USB-A port. The USB-A port is also Green.
Once the car charger is plugged into a 12Volt outlet there’s a Blue LED light that turns on above the ports to show that it’s ready to charge. The light also makes it easier to see the car charger at night.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this charger is great, The part that goes into the outlet is plastic, but the charging port end is made of Aluminum.
On the tech side, since this car charger makes use of two powerful charging technologies, it can get quite warm and that’s why it’ll slow down charging in order to regulate its heat. So that’s just bit of a downside of it being a car charger.
If you have a Power Delivery compatible smartphone or if you have a Power Delivery compatible laptop and find that you want to have the ability to charge your laptop while you’re driving, then this car charger is for you. Having to charge your laptop while you’re driving and having it powered up once you reach your destination is one of the blessings of Power Delivery and we highly recommend taking advantage of it.
If you have a Quick Charge compatible smartphone alone and have no need for the Power Delivery then we think that it’s best to sit this car charger out, and just go with a car charger that uses Quick Charge without the Power Delivery.
The charging power from this car charger is great in terms of Power Delivery with its 45W charging, and also its use of Quick Charge.
The car charger is quite large and it will be sticking out a bit more than a regular car charger but that’s because it’s packing some serious power.
It has a solid build and it slows down changing to cool itself down.
The car charger makes use of two powerful charging technologies, but if you can make use of the Power Delivery, then we say that this is a car charger that’s worth getting.
Specs of the Trianium 45W USB-C Power Delivery Car Charger with Quick Charge:
USB-A Quick Charge Port: 12V/1.5A | 9V/2A | 6V/3A (18W)
USB-C Port: 5V/3A | 9V/3A | 12V/3A | 14.5V/3A | 20V/2.25A (45W)
USB-C Input: 12/24V
- LED Power Indicator: Single Blue Power Indicator
- Size: 2.9 x 1 x 1 inches
- Weight: 1.6 Ounces
This Trianium Power Delivery car charger is a must if you have a Power Delivery compatible smartphone, because of its powerful 45W PD charging and also because of its use of Quick Charge.
Trianium Quick Charge 3.0 USB Type-C 63W 2-Port USB Car Charger for MacBook Pro,Chromebook,Galaxy s9 s8 Edge Plus,Note 9 8,LG G7 G6,HTC 10 8 Max,Pixel 2 XL,Nexus,iPhone XR XS X,iPad [PD Chipset-ENBL]
- [Dual USB Port Car Charger: USB C (Type C) Port with Power Delivery + USB A QC 3.0 Port] - USB-A with Quick Charge 3.0 technology that provide up to 18W (12V/1.5A 9V/2A 6V/3A) of charging power and a USB-C with Power Delivery chipset enable up to 45W Max (5V/3A, 12V/3A, 14.5V/3A, 20V/2.25A)
- The innovative, high-performance universal car charger made with a heavy-duty aluminum frame allows for one of the fastest and most efficient charging experiences for cell phone (Galaxy note 9 / 8 / s8 / s8 plus, LG G7 ThinQ, G6, iPhone/iPad), new Macbook 12-inch / Macbook Pro, and other USB-C laptop / notebook.
- Power Delivery (PD) Integration: the built in PD chipset dynamically detects devices to deliver optimum power level for maximum battery life and performance. Equips with the advance circuit protections to prevent over charging and a built-in LED light indicator (up to) helps to signify charge is ready to use.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology reduces charging time by over 70%. (Note: All QC 3.0 compatible devices are back-charge compatible with QC 2.0. Quick Charge ability is limited only to products with Qualcomm Quick Charge Technology). Trianium Offers one-year warranty for its AtomicDrive series car charger. [Note: Cable is not included]
- Charge two devices simultaneously: a USB-A port (Quick Charge 3.0) and a Type-C / USB C port (Power Delivery). Includes devices such as Android, Samsung, Google Nexus, Pixel, Chromebook, LG, HTC, Sony, Nintendo Switch and Apple products.