UGreen Portable Wireless Charger for Apple Watch
The Apple Watch is one of the most innovative products that Apple has released. The first reason for that is because Apple is known to make some high-end products, and even though it’s actually quite well-known that Apple is almost never the one to do anything first, they are the ones that are able to make things come into the mainstream because they have a such a powerful presence within the market. Also, since Apple is such a large and wealthy company they can implement things in a better way.
This review is really meant for those that own the Apple Watch and that’s because we’re reviewing this UGreena 2,200mAh portable charger that actually has a magnetic wireless charger built right into it. Most of the time power banks just have USB charging ports that are used to charge smartphones and tablets. This UGreen charger takes a different path with its use of a charger that can be used with an Apple Watch, which is something that not many chargers do.
Let’s take a closer look.
This portable charger doesn’t have a very high capacity at all, as it has a 2,200mAh power capacity. That’s why we’re recommending to get this charger if you’re mostly on planning on charging your Apple Watch. Most Apple Watch series’ have a 205mAh battery capacity. Also, you have to account to for how much power capacity you’ll be able to use for your devices.
Let’s calculate it.
3.7 x 2,200 = 8,140 / 5 = 1,628
In the end, you’re actually going to be able to use 1,628mAh of capacity and this is actually a lot if you’re solely charging an Apple Watch. As you’re able to charge an Apple Watch to its full power about fives times using the power bank.
With that said, you also have the option of charging smartphones with this UGreen power bank because it also has a USB-A charging port. However, you’re likely not going to be able to charge a smartphone to its full power using this power bank because most smartphones today have larger batteries than just 1,600mAh.
There are two ways to charge from this portable charger. One of the ways is of course, through the Magnetic Apple charger ring and it has a charging speed of 5V/1.0A. This is the max charging speed for the Apple Watch and therefore it gives you another reason to purchase this power bank especially for the watch.
The other method of charging is through a USB-A charging port and that can be used with any charging cable to charge any USB device such as your smartphone or tablet. The USB-A port has a charging speed of 5V/1.0A. Definitely not the fastest charging speed, but on the bright side, you can actually charge your Apple Watch and another device with the USB-A charging port at the same time.
Recharging for this power bank is done through a Micro-USB input port and it has a recharge rate of 5V/1.5A. So it’s best to use a 2 Amp USB wall charger or higher to recharge this power bank at its fastest charging speed. Recharging in general with this charger is going to be quite short because it has a very low capacity in the first place.
Similar Apple Watch Charger
MIPOW MFi Certified Magnetic Apple Watch Charger, 6000mAh Portable Power Bank Charger with USB Lightning Cable for iPhone, 2 in 1 Wireless Charging Dock Station for Apple Watch and iPhone (Gray)
1 used from $ 74.81
- ✔CHARGE APPLE WATCH & IPHONE SIMULTANEOUSLY: Apple MFi Certified Wireless magnetic Charger Power Bank can charge Apple Watch and iPhone simultaneously with MFi certified built-in magnetic charging module and Lightning cable
- ✔HIGH BATTERY CAPACITY: with 6000mAh battery capacity, 10 times fully charge Apple Watch, 2.5 times fully charge iPhone 6, it is an ideal emergency external battery pack for your Apple watch,iPhone,iPod
- ✔BUILT-IN MFi LIGHTNING CABLE: with built-in USB lightning cable, no extra cable needed when charging your iPhone. With adjustable holder, you can control the view easily when charging your Apple watch
- ✔100% SAFE GUARANTEE: This Apple watch iPhone charger dock is with built-in protection for over-current, over-voltage, short-circuit and over-temperature. It can protect your connected devices perfectly.w
- ✔PORTABLE & 1 YEAR WARRANTY: It is a super portable compact size travel power bank, you can just put it into your bag and travel anywhere without worrying your watch powers off. WARRANTY; one year manufacturer warranty and life-time customer service support
Size and Weight:
This is a very compact power bank that you’re going to be able to take with you anywhere and that’s because of its very low capacity. You really won’t have any excuses for not taking this charger with you everywhere.
That’s because it has a length of only 5.4 inches, a width of 1.5 inches and a thickness of 0.6 inches. The weight of this charger is only 5 ounces. Slipping it into your pocket is what we found to be the best course of action as it’s very small, slim and the easiest way to access the charger in the first place.
This charger is very easy to use as it has few functional parts on it and that’s a good thing.
At the top of the charger is where you’ll find the Magnetic charger pad for your Apple Watch. Then on the other end of the charger is where you’ll find the rest of the functional parts of the charger.
On the side is where you’ll find the Micro-USB input port along with the power button. Using the power button is actually quite prevalent when using this power bank. That’s because you have to hold down the power button for about 3 seconds to turn ON the charger and hold it down for 3 seconds to turn it off. You can also just press the power button and it’ll show how much capacity is left using the four White LED power capacity indicators that are at the top of the charger.
On the opposite of where the power button is, is where you’ll find the USB-A charging port.
Structure and Material:
This portable charger is built very well. It has a base plastic build and then the charger has a rubber coating on top that makes it fire-resistant.
On the tech side, this charger keeps things very cool when you’re charging two devices at once, and that comes as a surprise as wireless charging in general usually causes heat to increase.
This is going to be a very reliable portable charger to use if you own an Apple Watch as that’s what UGreen was mainly going for. If you’re someone that relies on their Apple Watch a lot and need a power source to charge it while you’re on-the-go then this is it.
If you don’t own an Apple Watch, then don’t get this charger. It’s as simple as that.
Similar Apple Watch Charger
MFi Certified Apple Watch and iPhone Portable Charger, TOPVISION 4000mAh iWatch Magnetic Wireless Power Bank Battery, One 2 in 1 Lightning Cable (1M) Included, Perfect Christmas Gifts (White)
- Apple MFi, FCC, CE, RoHS Certified Battery Pack and Lightning Cable, combines Magsafe technology with Inductive charging. Designed for Apple Watch Series 1 / Series 2 / Series 3 / Nike + / Hermès / Edition / 38mm and 42mm. Also can charge for iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/SE/6/6s/6 plus/6s plus/7/7 plus/8/8 plus/X
- Simultaneously charge Apple Watch and iPhone, simply hold the connector near the back of Apple Watch and magnets snap into place automatically.
- Sealed system, free of exposed contacts charge Apple Watch from 10% to 100% within 1.5 hours for more than 10 times. Automatically turn off once the device is fully charged, 3 hours for battery pack recharging.
- Travel friendly pocket size (13.4*1.65*4cm; 110g), real charge on the go solution. Compact design by led battery life indicator.
- Friendly Reminder: If the portable charger has any problem, please feel free to contact us and we will try our best to put the smile back on your face. Please kindly know, we offer 1-Year FREE REPLACEMENT warranty of the quality problem. It will be highly appreciated, if you could contact us before you left a negative review.
The capacity is really only for charging Apple Watches to their full power multiple times over. Charging speed from the ports is good but don’t expect any fast charging from the USB-A port for your smartphone.
The size and weight of this charger is the second best thing about it and that’s because it has a very slim form factor that you can easily fit into your pocket.
It has a fire resistant material and the best part is that it doesn’t overheat.
You should really consider getting this charger if you own a Apple Watch and someone that uses their Apple Watch quite a lot.
Specs of the UGreen Portable Wireless Charger for Apple Watch:
Initial Capacity: 2,200mAh
Output Capacity: 1,600mAh
Standard USB-A Port: 5V/1.0A
Apple Wireless Charging Adapter: 5V/1.0A
- LED Power Indicator: Yes
- Size: 5.9 x 3.0 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 5 Ounces
UGreen did a great job with this Apple Watch power bank, as there aren’t too many chargers that are for the Apple Watch which you can take with you on the market. The best part is that they still made space to charge your smartphone with a USB-A port.