Viotek FASTPAD Ultra-Slim Wireless Charging Pad
- Has Fast Wireless Charging for the iPhone X and iPhone 8
- It's IP67 rated waterproof
- It has a rather large coil so that means you can move your smartphone around the charger a bit more than other single coil wireless chargers
- Does not feature Fast Wireless charging for Samsung Smartphones
If there’s one thing that we want out of the products that we purchase it would have to be that they should be small and as sleek as possible. This is especially the case when it close to the charging electronics that we use and any portable devices that we often take with us every day or on long travels. One type of charging electronic doesn’t have to be very small or lightweight and it’s a wireless charger. Most wireless chargers, if not all, are actually very small and that’s true for charging pads and stands.
In this case, this Viotek FASTPAD wireless charger is not only very small and thin but at the same time, it has the power to basically charge nearly all types of Qi-compatible smartphones on the market at their max wireless charging speed.
So let’s see if its form factor has any real flaw or if being very small comes with no equivalent exchange.
When it comes to wireless charging it’s not all that fast compared to wired charging and that’s more apparent than ever and that’s because there are charging technologies such as Quick Charge and Power Delivery that many smartphones are compatible with now. That’s why using a wireless charger is more for the convenience factor rather than for the charging power.
With all that said, wireless charging has faster than normal charging for certain devices, and the best part is that this Viotek wireless charger features all of them.
There’s the standard charging speed that Non-Samsung Qi compatible smartphones are able to receive and that would be 5W of power (5V/1.0A). The other two charging speeds are for Qi-compatible Samsung smartphones and the iPhone X and iPhone 8.
Fast Wireless charging pertains to the charging speed that Samsung smartphones are able to get which is 10W (5V/2.0A). It’s double the charging rate of the standard charging speed, and this wireless charger is able to output it. Another impressive part of this wireless charger is that it can output max charging rates for the iPhone X and iPhone 8.
With the announcement of the two new iPhones, perhaps one of the biggest things that it featured was wireless charging. Not that wireless charging is anything new because it’s not at all. It’s the fact that Apple went with Qi charging tech, rather than their own tech which they mostly implement with their devices. However, Apple did go a step further by enabling fast charging with their iPhone X and iPhone 8 through the iOS 11.2 update.
Fast charging is available with this Viotek wireless charger and that enables you to charge an iPhone X and iPhone 8 at their max wireless charging speeds.
It’s good to know that this wireless charger is able to cater to standard Qi smartphones, Samsung Qi compatible smartphones, and iPhones for each of their respective charging rates.
This is where this wireless charger doesn’t make a lot of sense. The charger actually has a built-in charging cable with a USB-A port that you use with a USB wall charger. The main flaw is that there’s really no safe place to put the cable when you’re not using it. When it comes to power banks that use built-in cables there’s not really a problem as they go into the power bank.
In this case, the cable is just out and about at all times.
In order to provide the most power to this wireless charger and to ensure that you’re going to get the most from the output charging. You have to use a Quick Charge USB wall charger.
Size and Weight:
Another great feature of this charger, right next to its charging power is the size. That’s because it has a length /width of only 2.7 inches and the thickness of this charger is 0.2 inches. The weight of it is 1.4 Ounces. Barely even noticeable and it’s so small that once you place your smartphone on the charger you’re barely even able to see the charger.
That said, the very small size of this charger does come with a price and that would be the fact that you can’t really use your smartphone while it’s charging. That’s because most smartphones are going to have their top and bottom sides hanging off the charger and so if you tap either side that can offset the charger.
It’s a very easy charger to use as once you plug the charger in and it’s powered, then you can just place your smartphone in the center. This Viotek FASTPAD charger uses just a single coil, so you must make sure that your smartphone is in the center.
This charger lacks any lights to indicate that it’s charging and it’s actually nice not to have lights on the charger so it isn’t a disturbance at all when you’re using it in the dark.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this charger is very good and that’s because it’s actually IP67 rated waterproof. So you can actually immerse this charger in water and it’ll still work.
This charger does get warm during charging and that’s what you can expect from most chargers on the market, as the two charging coils from your smartphone and the wireless charger itself generate quite a lot of heat.
This Viotek charger may not have the best reliability when it comes to using your smartphone while it’s charging. It does, however, have powerful charging for all Qi compatible smartphones.
Charging power is very good as it features Fast Wireless charging for Samsung smartphone sand also for the iPhone X and iPhone 8. That said, you must make sure that you’re using a Quick Charge wall charger to ensure that you get the fast charging.
It’s a very small wireless charger that you can place anywhere. There are no lights that from the charger so it’s not obtrusive.
The build quality is very good as this charger has an IP67 waterproof resistant rating.
It’s a reliable wireless charger that is used for charging all Qi compatible smartphones, but not so much for using your smartphone while it’s charging.
Specs of the Viotek FASTPAD Ultra-Slim Wireless Charging Pad:
Fast Wireless Charging for iPhone X and iPhone 8: 5V/1.5A
Standard Wireless Charging: 5V/1.0A
- Input: Uses its own USB-A power cable
- LED Power Indicator: None
- Size: 2.7 x 2.7 x 0.2 inches
- Weight: 1.4 Ounces
This Viotek FASTPAD wireless charger does a lot of things right with it charging power and waterproof rating. At the same time, being very small comes at a price at not being able to use your smartphone easily while it charges.
FASTPAD Ultra-Slim Wireless Charging Pad Qi-Certified Wireless Charger for iPhone X iPhone 8 8 Plus 7.5W Fast Charge, Samsung 10W Fast Wireless Charging, Water Resistant, No Heating (No AC Adapter)
2 used from $ 12.95
- Qi-CERTIFIED SAFER CHARGING: Get a good night's rest knowing your phone is charging safely at your bedside. USB-integrated circuitry keep temperatures low, reduces exposure to harmful radiation, and automatically stops the pad from transferring power to the phone once charging is complete. Overheating worries are a thing of the past.
- ULTRA SLIM: Thanks to Viotek patented and highly integrated circuit which is built-in USB plug, this is probably the slimmest wireless charging pad you might ever seen on this market. Now you will be able to take Viotek wireless charging pad anywhere and explore more scenes it works on, such as car cellphone holder or center console. (includes a sticking pad that can fix charging pad on car cellphone holder )
- WIRELESS POWER BOOSTER: Viotek FastPad supports Apple 7.5W Fast Charging on iPhone X / iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus devices that runs on iOS 11.2+ and Quick-Charge for specified Android mobiles such as Samsung S8 Note 8 devices. (Note: A QC3.0 adapter is required to activate the Quick Charge/Fast Charging Mode on specified Apple/ Android mobiles)
- EXTRAORDINARY ENGINEERED: Through careful design, we crafted the world's most advanced technology into a palm-sized pad. Inside the body of the charging pad, thin, high-grade copper coils are tightly reeled together in order to provide a perfectly even energy distribution for more effective charging.
- WATER RESISTANCE: After meticulous testing, the FastPad received an IP67 rating meaning the charging pad's body can stand up to it all whether it's a little spill or an accidental drop in the sink. Place one on a desk and another on the kitchen countertop and enjoy worry-free charging all over your home, office, and everywhere else life takes you.