PowerAdd Pro 15W MagSafe Magnetic Charger
Wireless chargers are nothing new and have been around for a while; however, what is pretty new is MagSafe wireless chargers. MagSafe chargers are wireless chargers that can magnetically attach to a phone; the iPhone 12 and onward have MagSafe built into them, and if you want to use MagSafe chargers as an Android phone user, then you have to install a magnet to the back of your phone.
In this review, I’m looking at this PowerAdd Pro MagSafe charger. This is a charging cable, but instead of having a USB-C to the Lightning connector at the end, it has a wireless charging pad. The cool thing about this MagSafe charging cable is that it has two connectors to a wall charger.
So, the charging power of nearly any wireless charger will not be very impressive, and that’s why you’re likely getting this PowerAdd Pro charger for the convenience factor of not needing to plug a cable into your phone.
Regarding charging phones, there are ranges of different speeds, such as 5W, 7.5W, 10W, and 15W charging power. MagSafe-compatible iPhones will charge at 15W, while most Android phones will charge at 10W.
Personally, for my testing, I charged my Galaxy Note 9, and I could even magnetically attach the charger to my phone because I have a magnet at the back. My Note 9 was able to charge from this PowerAdd Pro wirelessly, and I could use it like a MagSafe charger.
That said, one of the most important factors to make the most of wireless charging is to make sure that you plug in the cable to either an 18W Power Delivery USB-C port or a USB-A Quick Charge port. I used a Power Delivery port to power this wireless charger and got maximum power.
You can also charge a watch and wireless earbuds cases with the charger. Watches can charge at 3W, and earbud cases can charge at 5W.
|POWERΛDD PRO MagSafe Charger Magnetic Cell Phone Wireless Charger Compatible with iWatch 18W Max...||$20.99||Buy on Amazon|
The wireless charger has a 3.2-foot cable, making it easier to use your phone when charging. Besides the MagSafe capabilities, the most notable part of this charger is the dual port option, meaning that you can change the port connection from USB-A to USB-C and vice versa. This is an excellent design because it doesn’t matter if you use a USB-A or USB-C wall charger; you can still use this PowerAdd Pro charger.
|PowerAdd Pro 15W MagSafe Magnetic Charger Specs|
|Phone Wireless Charging Speed||5W, 7.5W, 10W, 15W|
|Watch Wireless Charging||3W|
|Earbuds Case Wireless Charging||5W|
Overall, there isn’t anything complicated about this PowerAdd Pro MagSafe wireless charger. If you have an iPhone 12 and a newer model, this charger will be very useful as you can magnetically attach the pad to your phone and charge it at 15W. Android users can still find this charger useful, but only if you’re willing to have a magnet attached to the back of your phone, as I did.
- 🔋Compatible With iPhone 12-13-14 Series: This Cell Phone Wireless Charger is Compatible with iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max, iPhone 13/13 Pro/13 Pro Max/13 mini, iPhone 12/ iPhone 12 Pro/ iPhone 12 mini /12 Pro Max, Airpods 2/3 pro and QI standard wireless charging equipment, for Apple Watch 1-8/se/ULTRA and other QI wireless charger phones. ✅Note: Recommended to use with 18W USB-C & USB-A Power Adapter (Not included).
- 🔋【Up to 18W (15W+3W)】: Portable Mag-Safe Fast Charger: iPhone can be fully charged in 2 hours, and iPhone 14 can be charged to 50% in half an hour. ✅15W fast magnet charging must be used with an 18W, 20W or higher power adapter. Charging speed is three times that of ordinary 5W charger. At the same time, you can charge your Airpod Pro up to 3W.
- 🔋【 3.28ft Cable & USB-A/Type-C Dual Input】: USB and Type-C dual charging ports save you the trouble of changing old adapter. At the same time, you don't have to worry about being too far away from the power source to charge, the 3.28ft cable allows you to use your iPhone freely on the sofa.
- 🔋【 Safer Intelligent Protection】: Qi certificated wireless charger provide over-current protection, over-voltage protection and over-temperature protection as well as foreign object detection function to ensure safe charging of the device.
- 🔋【Magnetic Alignment & 20 Strong Magnets】The mag-safe charger with 20 magnets allows the magnetic wireless charging pad to be perfectly aligned to your iPhone and securely attached. You're free to work, play games, watch movies, listen to music, or do whatever you might need to do while charging your iPhone.