MaxBoost Quick Charge and 45W Power Delivery Car Charger
- Power Delivery Charging is 45W, which is higher than what other Power Delivery car chargers are able to offer
- The car charger also features a Quick Charge port
- Has a circular power indicator that makes it easier to see the car charger at night
Most of the time when it comes to car chargers, many people don’t put much focus on the type of charging tech that it features. That’s definitely a mistake during these times and that’s because there are quite a few devices on the market that compatible with fast charging tech and this isn’t just true for smartphones, but also for laptops and tablets too. The main charging tech that we’re talking about in this case, is Power Delivery.
Power Delivery is the more universal type of fast charging technology that is being used with many smartphones and also laptops on the market. The ultimate goal is to basically be able to use the same charger to charge your smartphone and laptop.
In this review, we’re going to be taking a look at this MaxBoost Power Delivery car charger that also features Quick Charge. So let’s see if the Power Delivery charging power makes this car charger worth purchasing.
When it comes to Power Delivery charging, the most common charging speed that you’ll find is going to be 30W, but since this is a car charger you would think that it would have less power than that. That’s not the case here at all and instead, the Power Delivery charging speed of this car charger is 45W. This is not too common with Power Delivery car chargers, but we’re definitely glad that there’s much power and that’s because you will have no problems fast charging Power Delivery compatible smartphones such as the Essential Phone, Google Pixel 2, or the iPhone X.
Charging Power Delivery compatible laptops such as the MacBook and also the Dell XPS 13 that actually requires that you use a 45W PD charger will be able to charge quite fast with the USB-C port. Overall, the Power Delivery charging from this MaxBoost car charger is very powerful and useful for a wide range of devices.
The Quick Charge port on this car charger is, of course, able to fast charge Quick Charge compatible smartphones and you can also use it to charge any Non-Quick Charge compatible smartphones too, as the port will simply output a 5V/2.4A charging speed.
To top it all off, the charger makes use of a 63W max output, which means that you can use the power of the two ports at the same time.
Size and Weight:
Just like any other car charger on the market, this MaxBoost car charger is quite small with it having a length of 2.7 inches, and a thickness of 2 inches. So it’s a low-profile charger but on the end with ports, it’s quite a lot larger because of its use of two powerful charging technologies.
The location where the charging ports are is quite large and there’s a Blue LED light that turns on around the car charger that makes it easier to see the car charger at night.
Structure and Material:
The entirety of the car charger is made of plastic and there are really only two separate parts of the car charger so the build is quite strong.
On the tech side, this car charger does tend to get a little warm if you’re using the Power Delivery charging for a long duration, but not if you’re solely using the Quick Charge port. That said, in order to cool-down, the charging speed from the car charger is slowed down.
On the reliability side, this MaxBoost car charger is going to be most helpful for those that own a Power Delivery compatible smartphone or larger devices such as laptops that are used with the fast charging tech. It’s a plus if you have a Quick Charge compatible smartphone or if you have a friend or family member that can make use of the USB-A port.
The Power Delivery charging is quite a lot more powerful than most other Power Delivery car chargers with its use of a 45W charging speed.
The use of a LED light around the charging ports makes it easier to find the car charger and the ports at night.
The charger does get a lot little warm when you’re using the Power Delivery charging for a long duration of time, but charging speed is slowed down to make the car charger cooldown.
It’s best to get this car charger if you have a Power Delivery compatible device, and not just solely for a Quick Charge smartphone as the main part is the Power Delivery charging from this car charger.
Specs of the MaxBoost Quick Charge and 45W Power Delivery Car Charger:
USB-C Port: 45W
USB-A Port: Quick Charge or a 5V/2.4A Charging Speed for Standard Devices
- Input: 12-24V
- LED Power Indicator: Circular Blue Power Indicator
- Size: 2.7 x 2 x 2 inches
- Weight: 2.5 Ounces
Power Delivery car chargers are becoming quite common, but for one to use a 45W charging speed is not common and definitely holds a lot of value for charging PD compatible smartphones and laptops.
Maxboost Quick Charge 3.0 & USB C Type-C 63W 2-Port Car Charger [PD Chipset-ENBL] MacBook Pro, Chromebook, Galaxy s9 S8 s7 Edge Plus,Note 9 8 5,LG G6 G5 V20 V30,HTCa9,Nexus,iPhone X 8 7,iPad
- UNIVERSAL CHARGER - Maxboost's Dual USB Car Charger features two charging ports: USB-C (Type C) Port with Power Delivery that enables up to 45W Max and a USB-A Port with Quick Charge 3.0 that provides up to 18W. Maximize charging efficiency by simultaneously charge 2 different devices at optimized speeds via our smart port technology.
- QUALCOMM QUICK CHARGE 3.0 - Compared to standard 5W charging, the QC 3.0 charging technology reduces charging time by over 70%. (Note: All QC 3.0 compatible devices are back-charge compatible with QC 2.0. Quick Charge ability is limited only to products with Qualcomm Quick Charge Technology). (Compatible with most devices such as: Samsung Galaxy S10 S10+ S10e S9 S8, S8+, S9, S9+, Note9,Google Nexus, LG G7 G6, HTC, Sony and other Android Devices, Nintendo Switch, Chromebooks and Apple products)
- POWER DELIVERY (PD) INTEGRATION - The built in PD chipset dynamically detects devices to deliver optimum power level for maximum performance. Also, equipped with advanced circuit protection to prevent over charging.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - The high-performance Car Charger is made with a durable PC body for a long lasting charging experience. It's lightweight and portable for easy traveling. Also features a LED indicator light to signify Car Charger is in operation and in use.
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY - Limited one year warranty from Maxboost ensures maximum protection for your Car Charger.