TUTUO 3-Port Quick Charge Wall Charger
- Features Quick Charge to charge compatible smartphones at their max charging speed
- Total of three ports that allows you to charge three devices at once
- The charging ports are in a difficult to reach location
- It has a low max output
A wall charger is the most used type of charging electronic that’s available on the market and that’s mostly because the devices that we purchase, such as smartphones and tablets come with a wall charger, to begin with. Another reason why they’re used so much is that they’re the type of charging electronics that are the easiest to use, as all you have to do is just plug them into an AC outlet and they’re ready to use.
That said, most USB wall chargers on the market are also designed quite similarly and what that means is that they have their charging ports front up and center. This TUTUO USB wall charger that we’re reviewing here actually has its charging ports at the bottom and we think that this design choice is quite strange as it’s not used on many wall chargers in general.
So let’s take a closer look to see if this TUTUO 3-port Quick Charge wall charger is worth getting for its unique design.
The charger makes use of three charging ports in all. There’s one Quick Charge port and the other two are standard ports. So you’re able to fast charge your Quick Charge compatible smartphone with one port and charge another two devices at the same time. The standard ports also have quite a fast charging speed and that’s because they have a 5V/2.4A charging rate, which is a fast standard charging speed.
The max output of the wall charger is really the only problem with its powering and that’s because it has a 25W max output. The Quick Charge port itself is able to supply 18W of power, then that leaves 7W for the two USB-A ports to share. So if you’re charging a Quick Charge compatible smartphone, while at the same time charging another two devices at once, then the two devices will charge slower than what the ports are able to output.
Size and Weight:
The size and weight of this charger isn’t a problem at all and you’ll find that’s the case with all wall chargers for that matter. As this TUTUO wall charger has a length of 2.8 inches, a width of 2.2 inches and it has a thickness of 2 inches. The weight of the charger is 3.4 Ounces. So the charger is able to be taken anywhere that you want, just one little problem is that it doesn’t use a retractable AC adapter so you’ll always have two prongs that are sticking out of the charger.
On the functional side, this is where the wall charger is the most different. Where most wall changes would have their charging ports at the front, this TUTUO wall charger makes use of its ports at the bottom and this is a bizarre choice because you actually have a harder time accessing the charging ports if you plug the wall charger into an AC outlet, as the charging ports are out of sight.
Then when it comes to plugging the charger into a power strip things are also quite difficult as the charging ports may be directed towards other AC outlets and so once you plug a charging cable into the wall charger it can cover up the surrounding AC outlet.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this wall charger is quite good despite its poor functional design, as the charging cables that you plug into the wall charger hold very well.
On the tech side, the charger does not get warm at all, even if you’re charging three devices at once and that’s mainly because of the low max output that the charger has.
The reliability of this charger is good enough if you have a Quick Charge compatible smartphone because it features a Quick Charge port. That said, if you don’t have a Quick Charge smartphone then it’s best to give this charger a pass as you won’t be able to make full use of the charging power that this wall charge has to offer.
The charging power from this wall charger is quite good if you have a Quick Charge smartphone, but the low max output still leaves a lot to be desired.
The charger has all of its charging ports at the bottom and even though it looks cool it’s not really a practical design that provides an easy user experience as you can’t even see the ports while they’re at the bottom.
The build quality of this charger is quite good and it doesn’t get warm because of its low max output.
It’s most useful for those that have a Quick Charge compatible smartphone.
Specs of the TUTUO 3-Port Quick Charge Wall Charger:
Quick Charge Port: 3.6-6.5V/3A | 6.5-9V/2A | 9-12V/1.5A
USB-A Port: 5V/2.4A
Max Output: 25W
- Input: 120-240V
- LED Power Indicator: Single Blue LED Light
- Size: 2.8 x 2.2 x 2 inches
- Weight: 3.4 Ounces
This TUTUO 3-port wall charger definitely looks interesting, but at the same time, the design is not practical and it can be hard to place and remove charging cables into the ports because you can’t access them easily once the wall charger is plugged into an AC outlet.
TUTUO USB Wall Charger Quick Charge 3.0 Fast AC Power Adapter 25W 3 Ports Travel Charging Station for Galaxy S8 S7, iPhone 7/6/Plus iPad Pro 10.5/Air 2/mini, Huawei, Oneplus5, LG G5,Nexus, HTC(Black)
- 【Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0】Charge compatible devices 4X faster than standard chargers and 40% more efficient than QC 2.0. Able to charge compatible devices to 80% in just 35 minutes. Backward compatible with Quick Charge 2.0, 1.0 and non-Quick Charge devices (the green port only).
- 【3-Port Simultaneous Charging】25W of total power makes charging multiple devices possible at the same time. Usb charger for Galaxy S9, Huawei P20 Lite Pro, Pixel 2 XL, Galaxy Note8, OnePlus6, Zenfone5, Lumia 950 / 950XL, Xperia XZ2 premium，Moto Z/Z Play / Force / Droid, BLU Vivo 5, Huawei honor 6x, MOTO G6, G6 Plus, Kindle Fire etc.
- 【Universal Charger】Compatible with most of the USB devices including mobile phones & tablets. With 100-240V AC input, it's a global charger for international travelling (plug adapters may be needed).
- 【Smart IC Technology】Automatically detect connected devices and deliver the optimal charging voltages/currents. Blue LED light indicates 5V output, pink for 9V and red for 12V output.
- 【Multi-Protection】Premium circuit provides multi-protection for short-circuit, overcurrent, overvoltage, overcharge, reset and circuit. Flame resistant casing adds an extra layer of safety.（※12 months warranty）