Power Delivery chargers are great because they come with all sorts of ports and power output so you can choose a charger specifically for your needs. There are chargers meant only for charging phones, while there are ones that can charge nearly any USB-C chargeable device under the sun.
In this review, I’m looking at this Unitek 140W GaN charger. I’ve reviewed quite a few of these chargers already, and I have to say that these are the titans of the PD wall charger market. You can not only fast charge devices with this charger, but you can fast charge multiple devices simultaneously with them, but let’s take a closer look.
As I mentioned, this Unitek charger has a 140W max output and features two USB-C ports and a single USB-A port. Regarding single-port charging, the USB-A port can output 18W at all times; it doesn’t matter how many devices you charge.
The USB-C 1 and the USB-C 2 port can output 140W if you’re charging a single device from either. 140W Power Delivery output will only happen for select devices, though, and in my testing, I couldn’t pull the full 140W because I didn’t have any devices that required that much power.
Also, USB-C 1 has a power output range of 65W – 140W, while USB-C 2 has an output range of 45W – 140W; so single port charging is the same, but how much they can output altogether is a bit different.
When charging from the USB-C 1 and USB-C 2 ports simultaneously, they can both output 65W; this means that you can more than likely fast charge two laptops simultaneously if you want to. If you’re charging from USB-C 1 or C-2 and the USB-A port, the USB-C output will be 100W.
Charging three devices simultaneously results in a 65W output from USB-C 1, USB-C 2 outputs 45W, and the USB-A port outputs 18W.
For my testing, I first began by charging my Excitrus power bank from USB-C 1 and USB-C 2 to check if I could pull the full 100W of Power Delivery from each of them, and I was.
I then plugged in my Basues power bank to USB-C 2, and both the Baseus and Excitrus power bank were charging at about 65W.
Finally, I plugged in my Galaxy Note 9 to the USB-A port, which could fast charge, while the Baseus power bank dropped to a 45W charging rate and the Excitrus power bank continued to charge at 65W.
One more test I ran was keeping my Note 9 plugged into the USB-A port and the Excitrus power bank charging from the USB-C 1 port, and then I plugged my Lenovo laptop into the USB-C 2 port. My laptop charged at about 35W, the Excitrus power bank charged 65W from USB-C 1, and the Note 9 fast charged from the USB-A port.
|Unitek 140W USB C Charger GaN 3-Port PD Fast Wall Charger Block Power Adapter Compatible with...||$70.99||Buy on Amazon|
Size and Weight
Of course, with its 140W max output and three ports, this Unitek 140W charger isn’t as small or lightweight as lower-wattage PD chargers. However, for a 140W charger, I would still consider this tiny. The Unitek charger has a 3-inch length, 2-inch weight, and a 1.2-inch thickness. The charger weighs 12 ounces.
So the charger is small. However, it does weigh quite a bit. The foldable plug is a nice touch and is the standard.
|Unitek 140W GaN 3 Port Fast Wall Charger Specs|
|Single Port Charging||USB-C 1: 140W
USB-C 2: 140W
|USB-C 1 + USB-C 2||65W + 65W|
|USB-C 1 / USB-C 2 + USB-A||100W + 18W|
|USB-C 1 + USB-C 2 + USB-A||65W + 45W + 18W|
|Size||4 x 3 x 1.2 inches|
The Unitek 140W GaN charger is another one for the market of incredibly powerful all-around chargers. This charger will be able to fast charge most USB-C chargeable devices that you own, and the best part is that it can fast charge multiple devices simultaneously. Lower wattage wall chargers, such as ones in the 100W or 65W max output range, have compromised with power. This Unitek 140W charger doesn’t compromise much.
- MacBook PD 3.1 Fast Charger : 140W max output, Ultra-High-Speed PD 3.1 PPS USB-C charging your 2021 MacBook Pro 16ʺ with the included 6FT 240W Type-C to C cable.
- 3-in-1 Fast Charging Ports: Two USB-C ports and one USB-A port power up to two laptops and a phone simultaneously, fast enough for a multi-device tech user.It’s an indispensable charger for work, home and travel.Also support PD3.1, PPS, QC4, Samsung AFC,etc.
- Smaller Size, Stronger Efficiency: GaN II technology combined with a foldable plug reduce the size by 25% compared to macbook 140W original chargers. Heat dissipation, greater high-power charging performance, and a safe fast-charging experience.
- Universal Compatibility: Fast charge to multiple devices, MacBook Pro 16'' M1 2020, MacBook Air 2020, Dell XPS 15/13, HP Spectre, iPad Pro, iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max/13/12, Galaxy S22/S21, Switch, Steam Deck, and More.
- 【Safety Protection & customer support】- Unitek 140W USB C PD charger with approved CE, FCC & UL certifications.Equips with advanced circuit protection and multiple protection protect devices, Short Circuit Protection, Over Temperature Protection, Overcurrent Protection, Overvoltage Protection, Over Power Protection.Kindly 24h-friendly customer service and email support.